< Transmutations -> Viewing Pleasure
Slice 1 - Image 1 Slice 1 - Image 2 Slice 1 - Image 3 Slice 1 - Image 4
Slice 2 - Image 1 Slice 2 - Image 2 Slice 2 - Image 3 Slice 2 - Image 4
Slice 3 - Image 1 Slice 3 - Image 2 Slice 3 - Image 3 Slice 3 - Image 4
Slice 4 - Image 1 Slice 4 - Image 2 Slice 4 - Image 3 Slice 4 - Image 4

TRANSMUTATIONS APRIL 2015. X-MEN RPG. APOCALYPSE.

SITE NEWS 11/08 - ACTIVITY CHECK IS CLOSED, THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE WILL BE COMING TO AN END

STAFF TEARS, PANIC & FERGIE

PLOT MOVEMENT APOCALYPSE PREPARES FOR PHASE THREE

Add Reply
New Poll

Viewing Pleasure, Tag: Jean
Jason Wyngarde
 Posted: Sep 6 2015, 03:57 PM
Jason Wyngarde
is Offline
174 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Viewing Pleasure

Tagged: Jean/Hope

Jason is a creeper
Classes were simply going through the motions at this point but Jason still did go through those steps even if the entirety of the school was still held hostage in a way to current events. He came down the stairs mostly distracted by the book in his hand as he finished the reading he intended to get done today. It was something to lose himself in while he didn't think of upcoming bouts or being around Cecilia after everything. That last thing was at least becoming easier even if it wasn't quite back to normal. He didn't feel as if she was simply going to jump out the window to her death every time anyone glanced away for long enough and they could now hold a conversation but the ease of talking to her was just not there yet. It wasn't a great surprise to him but usually this wasn't the reason people had been ill at ease talking with him in the past.

He turned to the last page as he got to the door of the sitting room but something pulled him from his reading. A familiar voice hit his ears and Jason's spine stiffened until logic caught up to him. No, that certainly wasn't happening. He forced himself on into the room though and frowned as the television, turned down low at least, had a televangelist screaming for hate or money. The only occupant of the room was only a somewhat familiar red-haired woman not much older than him if any seemingly as absorbed in her reading as he had been a moment before.

"Are you...watching this?" Jason couldn't help the distaste in his voice as he motioned back to the television, wondering who in the school had actually put something like this on. He was supposed to be here to be among sensible like-minded people but maybe there were a few people that weren't quite on the same wave-length as he was if this was on the viewing itinerary at all. He glanced back to the television as the sweaty and mustachioed man banged his pulpit, walking from it so that he might froth more freely. "I cannot believe they even broadcast this." His lip curled almost unwillingly as he claimed one of the armchairs to sink down into. Whether she was watching this or not Jason wasn't going to let such things move him out of a room. He had enough of that sort of garbage before he had come here and wouldn't fall into such behaviours again.

TH
PMEmail
^
Jean Grey
 Posted: Sep 6 2015, 08:03 PM
Jean Grey
is Offline
15 posts
X-Men
X-Men

When a professor gave her a list of "suggested" reading, especially before the term was set to begin, Jean took it very seriously. She would immediately buy or download the book and take her time going over it so that she would be prepared when the semester began. This was no different, even if she had an entire summer to do the reading. Granted, this time it wasn't included with the course materials. She just happened to be on good terms with Dr. McCay and the woman had thought that she would benefit from going over two books that summer. In fact, Dr. McCay had almost been giddy with excitement that a student wanted to know what she could do to prepare for the difficult class that was on her schedule in the fall. Not that the good professor had shown this excitement but thanks to her gifts, she could empathically sense it.

So that was how Jean found herself, relaxing on one of the sofas in the sitting room, a notepad at her side, pencil tucked into the base of the ponytail her hair was in and a text on bipolar disorder in her hands. Her denim clad legs were drawn up, shoes kicked off and book resting on her knees. Every once in a while, her telekinesis would take over holding the book as she would withdraw her pencil from her hair and jot down a few notes. Students had come and gone in this time and while she greeted each one in a friendly manner, and even consented to one turning on the television set, she was fairly engrossed in the book.

Psychology fascinated her. Jean thought perhaps it was because of the trauma she herself had suffered as a child and she wanted to be able to help others with those sort of situations. While she was close to finishing her first degree, she knew she would need to go on after graduating in the fall and eventually earn her doctorate. It was simply how things were done and her family was in full support of this.

Jean wasn't paying any attention to what was on the television and while she noticed someone else enter the room, it was impossible to not notice given her telepathy, she hadn't found a good place to pause in her reading to acknowledge the newcomer. When he spoke, though, she immediately looked up, slightly confused for a second. "Watching...?" she queried softly before her green eyes cut over to the television set.

As the voice boomed from the box and his fist pounded the pulpit, her eyes grew wider. How had she not noticed this? Jean was well known to lose herself in her work, her ability to focus directly on one thing almost like tunnel vision coming in handy during study sessions for exams but surely she wasn't so absorbed in her text that she missed something like this. Apparently, that was exactly what had happened, though.

"No, I'm not watching it," she added as she looked back at Jason, her voice a bit louder to compete with the man on the screen. Although the volume wasn't terribly high, he was pretty loud. He also had to compete with the agitation and wariness wafting off the young man in the room. She wasn't sure yet what his powers were but she had a feeling if he had some sort of explosive ability, the t.v. wouldn't have stood a chance.

Her eyes moved back to the man on the television and she asked, "What is doing? He's a bit hard to understand with all that shouting."
PM
^
Jason Wyngarde
 Posted: Sep 27 2015, 02:35 PM
Jason Wyngarde
is Offline
174 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Viewing Pleasure

Jason is a creeper
There was actually some relief to be found as it seemed the girl he had discovered in front of the accursed television wasn't actually watching the horrible thing. How she was leaving it on even casually Jason couldn't imagine, however. With the rise of each point the man on the screen made Jason was sure he wasn't imagining the ache in his ears. Still, he might be too close to the subject. He looked to the woman he had interrupted, trying to get a measure of her. No, she didn't seem the type to be interested in what was the screen at all, although Jason couldn't imagine anyone was particularly interested in this. People, though, were strange and Jason wasn't always good at understanding.

"I would imagine the reading is a good deal better and more enlightening than anything this person could shout." Jason claimed a seat, pretending he wasn't absolutely desperate to leap on the remote and change the channel to anything else that might be on. Instead he decided he should pull his eyes away from the screen, a deceptively laborious activity, and focus on the person he was addressing. Why on earth any of the more recent additions to the school were coming was a mystery to Jason. He didn't have anyplace better to be but this one looked like she probably did. Maybe she was just quicker to trust and feel safe than he was or maybe Jason was just more paranoid than he even gave himself credit for.

That was actually a very frightening concept considering how paranoid he already was.

He had opened his mouth up to ask about the book, glad to take any kind of distraction he could. It would seem, however, he had made that move too late as she seemed now focused on the screeching of the televangelist. Jason didn't want to look up and see what was going on with the overly impassioned man but he still forced himself to do so, letting out something that masqueraded as a chuckle. "It seems like he's trying to scream some Jesus into the world. Every time I see something like this I swear that I almost wish there was someone to thank for me being very much an atheist...he seems a bit more ridiculous than the usual type at this, though, don't you think?" If she didn't Jason would be able to surely find a way to excuse himself. Anyone who found any of this reasonable sounding was someone Jason wasn't about to sit about the recroom with. There was only so much this school could ask him to do, after all.

TH
PMEmail
^
Jean Grey
 Posted: Oct 4 2015, 04:08 PM
Jean Grey
is Offline
15 posts
X-Men
X-Men

"Well, I believe that to be true but I'll be the first to admit that most people don't get into psychological disorders the way I do. If I were a betting woman, I would wager that most of the students here would be bored to tears having to read a book on bipolar disorder," Jean replied to him with a smile as he sat down.

It was true, too. She did so love her chosen field of study and she was one of the few who came in as a Freshman with a major in mind and has stuck with it. The only thing that tempted her at any point in her college career had been possibly a change over to a medical doctor but a psychologist was pretty close. In fact, there were pre-med students in many of her classes as they all needed a very similar foundation before graduate school.

Jean was certainly fascinated with the man on the television but not for the reasons that most would probably think. Upon hearing the explanation for why the person on the screen was getting his blood pressure worked up, watched him, eyes slightly narrowed in concentration. What he was saying was actually lost on the redhead. It was the way he was speaking, his body language, that she was watching. If he was standing there in the rec room, she did wonder what sort of emotions he would be emitting. Unfortunately, that was something she could not read via this media source.

"To be quite honest, I have rarely attended any sort of religious ceremonies in the past, my sister's wedding being the most recent. There were a few times when I was growing up that my parents would be invited to attend some event or another within a church but I have never seen anything quite like this. It's almost as if he's going to erupt, isn't it?" she asked him, her eyes leaving the screen and returning to the dark haired young man in the room.

While she could not perceive the emotions of the man shouting from the pulpit, she could most certainly perceive those of this man and without much thought, she telekinetically latched onto the remote control and floated it toward her, snatching it out of the air with her hand. As her feet came back down on the floor so she wasn't practically sitting in a ball any longer, she pressed the "off" button and the room was suddenly, blissfully silent again. While she could have just pressed the button on the television set without having to use the remote control, she honestly didn't think of that until after she was already in the process of doing it this way. Besides, if she accidentally pressed the remote too hard with her powers and it broke, it was much less expensive to replace than if she did it to the television.

With a small, non-powered toss of the remote, it landed on an empty seat near Jason just in case he had come in here with the intentions of watching the television she'd turned off. "That's much better. It is a bit sad that a medical guide on a psychological disorder would be so enthralling I would not even notice that was on the screen," she admitted with an apologetic smile. "I'm Jean Grey, by the way."
PM
^
Jason Wyngarde
 Posted: Nov 1 2015, 09:37 PM
Jason Wyngarde
is Offline
174 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Viewing Pleasure

Jason is a creeper
"All things considered I think I would vastly rather have the book than him but I suppose I also am in the minority here. I'm sure he offers up some entertainment even for those who do not buy into his messages. Probably this program could be mind for gold as far as drinking games are concerned." Jason couldn't succeed in sounding more casual, he had certainly reached his limit on such attempts as he watched the man on the screen. It was an eerie feeling; a primal and ridiculous part of his mind almost felt as if the other man knew he was sitting there watching. He probably would get far too much satisfaction about reaching ears that didn't want to hear this garbage.

A chuckle and a nod greeted Jean's comments about the man potentially exploding any minute. It was a relief when the screen went blank. Jason didn't reach for the remote just yet, just letting himself relax and enjoy the mid-sentence end to the preacher's words. "I'm certainly not religious but I don't think that man was exactly an average example. If he is I cannot imagine religion would be as popular as it is." He may not be religious but that didn't speak of his experiences with it. Jason figured it was best not to speak of such things at all.

It was orders better. "It would lead me to assume that maybe you're just used to noise and tune it out. Are you from a loud family or just have a reason you've had to tolerate such things?" It was nice to know that level of focus was possible. Jason thought he had a good grasp on such things but perhaps he could still learn a lesson or two. He was sure he wouldn't have been able to do anything at all through all of that.

"It's good to meet you, Jean. I'm Jason Wyngarde...I have to ask," Jason started, venturing into perhaps questionable territory, "what on earth possessed you to come here now? I imagine this place is a bit of a hard sell nowadays with everything going on so I've been rather curious about people who have come while all of this is going on."

TH
PMEmail
^
Jean Grey
 Posted: Nov 11 2015, 08:48 AM
Jean Grey
is Offline
15 posts
X-Men
X-Men

It was almost a relief when the young man in the room let out a chuckle and she couldn't help the smile that formed on her lips in response. He'd been rather uptight, as if what was on the television was getting more under his skin than it would nearly anyone else's and he was doing this best to hide it. She wasn't reading his mind, she'd been taught better than that but there would always be things about others she would notice without fail merely because of her abilities. As Professor Xavier had taught her years ago, she would never be able to turn off her telepathy but she could certainly shield well enough to not accidentally discover more than she wanted to. Unfortunately, it was those shields that had been acting strangely of late and one of the reasons she'd returned to her first mentor.

"I think you are probably right," she replied to him, agreeing on the aspect that this man was likely not a typical preacher type. He was right that religion was a popular thing. There were numerous churches on the campus at NYU and she'd been approached several times in her years there about attending services at any number of them. Of course Jean politely refused, never really having a reason to attend a service but she'd never been rude about it. That might change, however, if she was ever approached by a man like the one on the television.

As the conversation turned to her tolerance for noise, Jean knew that her time was up, so to speak. Although Professor Xavier was one of the head professors of this institute and he was known to them all as a telepath, she'd learned through experience that most people didn't like when she admitted she could read their minds, if she wanted to. The general assumption was that she constantly did it without any thought of privacy invasion when that was simply not the truth. She was aware that there was another telepath on staff now but she had yet to make the acquaintance of Emma Frost.

"No, my family is rather mundane, actually. I think the most boisterous of us all is probably my brother in law and he just recently married into our family. I go to school at New York University and it's not exactly the quietest of campuses but my hall mates are pretty good at keeping the noise level down," she began, keeping her tone light and her words more informative than anything.

Then came the hesitation. It was small but she noticed it in herself immediately. She actually didn't hate her powers or anything, truthfully she enjoyed them and knew they gave her an advantage over other students but what did bother her was the reactions she usually got. However, she wasn't much of a liar and the idea of telling this man a lie was simply ridiculous. "I'm actually a telepath and that's the real key to my focus," Jean told him, only fidgeting slightly with the admission. "I've had to learn how to block stray thoughts and noise out and that helps tremendously with my concentration."

Well, that was done. He might have guessed the telekinetic portion of her powers since she'd used that to snatch the remote control. If he wanted more information, Jean would give it. She didn't have anything to hide, really. Her life, for the most part, was extremely mundane and boring, consisting of school and a few dates here and there or evenings out with her friends when there wasn't studying to be done.

When he asked why she came to this particular school now, she had to smile again. She understood his meaning quite well, given the rather rocky start to this new university. "Actually, the stuff going on is exactly why I came back here," she started. "I've known Professor Xavier since I was ten years old and my powers activated due to trauma. He helped me then and continued to help me until I graduated high school and moved to New York City. We've kept in touch these last few years and when my term finished up, I offered to come here and help him with it all. I'm not yet sure what use I'll be but I owe that man my life and I want to do whatever I can."
PM
^
Jason Wyngarde
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 07:02 PM
Jason Wyngarde
is Offline
174 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Viewing Pleasure

Jason is a creeper
A mundane family, that was an interesting way of putting it to Jason's ears and something that caused a moment flair of jealousy he simply couldn't keep himself from feeling. That was a rather envious thing, how did other people manage to have such a thing? He pushed it roughly from his mind, chastising himself for even having such a silly reaction. Obviously things could still bubble up from where he thought they should be buried and remain. He supposed that was what should be expected, really. Nothing stayed down when there were still reminders.

He had obviously misjudged as well. She went the NYU instead of here so that was some of that clarified. Although it wasn't exactly all that sensible to be visiting here as well at least she didn't have to count on this place as a means to live. "Could they perhaps teach the people here because I'm not entirely sure everyone here has been made aware that such things are even possible." Truth be told a little extra noise from some people would be welcome but Jason also appreciated the silence coming from a family less silent but certainly mundane in their own ways.

And in another moment Jason had the answer to his inevitable next question. "I imagine Xavier would be something of an expert on that so I can see why you've visited him for that. I imagine we have a lot of stray thoughts bounding up on one another, probably feels like yelling inside your own head. I actually have always wondered how telepaths sleep. I mean, I know when I was first getting used to my illusions I had some interesting problems when I was sleeping." The news of having a new telepath around didn't seem to faze Jason much at all, certainly not as much as the man on the television had managed to get to him.

So maybe she did have to count on this place to live in her own way but Jason wasn't one to consider a life-debt all that literal. He could somewhat understand that, however. He did at least want to make a use of himself. "Well there's a lot to be done I'm sure, and I'm sure you'll have more than enough opportunities to help. Any idea how you would like to do so?" Jason couldn't help but be a curious soul.

TH
PMEmail
^
Jean Grey
 Posted: Dec 11 2015, 07:49 PM
Jean Grey
is Offline
15 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Perhaps it had been a bit harsh calling her family mundane but that was exactly how Jean saw them, and how she loved them. Paul certainly added a spark of life to their small family and Sara seemed very happy – both visually and emotionally – so that was enough to make her happy as well. Their father was a professor at Bard and their mother was a stay at home mom who had spent her childhood driving her around from one activity to another. Jean had enjoyed sports until her telekinesis manifested and she discovered that she accidentally had a distinct advantage over the other children. Upon gentle suggestions from her parents, she'd quit most sports and now only played recreationally when the mood struck.

A shot of jealousy emanated from Jason and that confused the redhead. She had no idea why anyone would be envious of her family life whatsoever but she didn't call attention to it. There was no reason to embarrass him with such a question and he almost immediately attempted to conceal it.

She felt herself smiling at him when he suggested that her hall mates give the students here tips on how to be quiet, despite the way the conversation was about to turn. That was when she "confessed" that she was a telepath and that was likely why she could concentrate and tune outside noise off so easily. In fact, she knew it was the reason why. Oddly, Jason didn't seem put off by this revelation, taking it in stride and rolling with it all. Jean was aware that she wasn't used to being in a mutant only compound. So few people outside these walls even knew what she was capable of and not all of them were accepting of this fact.

Jean found herself chuckling softly upon his assumption that she had their thoughts bouncing inside her head and as he went on to question sleep, she shook her own head, red hair fanning behind her. "It's not nearly as adventurous as you make it sound, Jason," she began, still grinning and laughter in her tone. "I shield so that I don't have thoughts bouncing around in my head but my own and as for sleeping? I sleep just like anyone else. Sure, when I was fifteen I used to get interesting... dreams thanks to my neighbors but luckily, that rarely happens any longer."

He'd given her a tidbit about himself without her having to ask the awkward what is your mutant power question. There was something about that question that seemed to be all too weird and uncomfortable with most people and Jean preferred to avoid it. "Illusions? Sounds impressive," she said to him, hoping he would elaborate on it. She could do illusions as well but Jean had a feeling his were more intricate and impressive, especially if it was his primary ability.

As he asked how she wanted to help with the situation here, her smile faltered a bit and she shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure how, to be honest. When I brought up the idea with Professor Xavier, he seemed to think it was a good idea. Now that I'm here and I see the number of telepaths available, I wonder just what difference I can make. I can offer the telekinesis but that seems to really be the only thing I can bring to the table," she admitted. Well, that and the fact that she was actually here for a very different reason. However, she wasn't comfortable sharing that reason with anyone just yet.
PM
^
Jason Wyngarde
 Posted: Dec 27 2015, 04:47 PM
Jason Wyngarde
is Offline
174 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Viewing Pleasure

Jason is a creeper
"You're a better person than me, I think. I don't think I would have been able to avoid the temptation, especially after accidentally stumbling upon thoughts and dreams. It's probably a very good thing that I am not a telepath. I have enough issues not messing with people as it is." It was the truth. Jason knew himself more than well enough to know that if he had been born a telepath he would have been in everyone's business all the time if he could stand it. Sure, there would be times where it would be much too noisy but knowing what people thought about something instead of just guessing? Knowing their backgrounds and their secret opinions? There wasn't any way that Jason would have been able to resist.

"They work well enough for me," He admitted about his illusions. There was nothing else Jason could consider wanting to be able to do more than his own ability, really. He was sure that they had managed to save his ass more often than not and that was nothing at all to sniff about. "Although there are still some things for me to learn about them. Making allowances for how people with certain abilities would sense things differently has been my main point of focus of late. I look forward to being able to make convincing metals around Professor Lehnsherr since he was the last person to actually catch onto one of my illusions. Apparently my wheelchair was lacking." Soon enough Jason was sure that he would be able to manage that as well.

He did look at her curiously as she talked about why she was here but Jason took it at face value. Granted, he was also thinking about how foolish it must've been to simply think that simply being present would be some great help but what else could a person offer? This was all still unprecedented even without figuring in the actual problems they all faced. "I think I know what you mean, really. It isn't enough to think that our abilities are going to be all that helpful in getting any of us out of any part of this situation. Sadly, anything we have that isn't our abilities aren't going to be that much help either." If he could even just help himself things would be much easier but there wasn't even anything wrong with him and he was still tripped up trying to make himself useful. He didn't even know what to do around people he actually considered friends, that should be a good deal easier.

"Now if we can find a person to make people like Mr. Preacher-man just disappear that's who we should recruit." He joked although he didn't manage to laugh. "I suppose some might frown at that course of action, though."

TH
PMEmail
^
Jean Grey
 Posted: Jan 4 2016, 07:01 PM
Jean Grey
is Offline
15 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Jean didn't consider herself a better person in the least. She'd had a different sort of upbringing and training once her powers kicked in than many others would have. She had been taught from the word go that to invade someone's privacy in such an intimate manner would be a very unethical act and the last thing she'd ever wanted to do was give the Professor cause to be disappointed in her. Should she have questioned his insistence on shielding and privacy? No, she didn't believe so. She actually agreed with him and she had inadvertently been in enough minds in her life to know it was not an act she relished doing.

"Perhaps," she replied noncommittally. "Once you've accidentally stumbled into one dirty mind too many, you discover curiosity is not worth seeing certain things. Unless, of course, that sort of thing appeals to you." Jean smiled demurely as to soften any possible harshness that her words could be taken as.

She happily changed the topic to his own mutant ability. As much as Jean enjoyed and appreciated her gifts, she wasn't all that keen on speaking about them with someone she had just met. As it was, she was struggling to find a way to approach her old mentor and let him know that she needed help again. "They must be pretty fantastic if you are able to fool most people and given Professor Lehnsherr's affinity toward anything comprising of metal, I am certainly impressed if you came close to fooling his senses. Out of curiosity, how do they work against a telepath, someone who is usually able to see past illusions or things that are more slight of hand?" she asked, genuinely interested. Jean wondered if he'd ever used his power on Charles or this Ms. Frost person or even Lizzy Braddock and how it went over.

When faced with the direct question as to what she thought she could do to help, Jean faltered. The harsh reality was, she knew she wasn't strong enough to make much difference. It probably had been a naïve thing to ask the Professor about in the first place but she'd honestly hoped that there would be something. Since he was a good man, it was quite possible that Professor Xavier just hadn't wanted to make her feel bad by turning her down. Jason's words didn't make her feel any better and she looked away from him and stared absently at the now quiet television.

His comment about the fire and brimstone preacher made her turn back toward him and Jean couldn't stop the small giggle that erupted. It wasn't very loud or boisterous but it still surprised her a bit. She would never wish harm on anyone but to not have that drivel on the television would not be a bad thing. "Well, if we ever get this whole thing settled, there is that one they are calling The Herald who seems to be able to flit to and fro. She might not be a bad choice," she replied, not entirely serious although if there was a way to save the girl – if she even needed saving at all – she would find a way to do it.
PM
^
Jason Wyngarde
 Posted: Jan 23 2016, 09:51 PM
Jason Wyngarde
is Offline
174 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Viewing Pleasure

Jason is a creeper
Jean had brought up a good point about the likelihood of dirty minds lurking out there and Jason lived with the burden of putting up with the fact that the world was designed for people who were wired that way. It was a good question as to whether or not he would be willing to submit himself towards more of such things that he was gladly ignorant of now. Still, the payoff was also something to consider. "I suppose curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction still does bring it back. What can I say? Wanting to know things I shouldn't might be a very deep flaw of mine but I do think I would learn soon enough that it isn't often worth it." There wasn't a treasure to be found in every mind; Jason was fairly sure that most were dull walk-throughs that would only serve to sadden a person about the human condition but the temptation would still be there.

Pretty fantastic? Jason thought that was befitting praise. He also couldn't help but puff some, quite glad to hear such things said about him. While people did appreciate his abilities for what they could do sometimes he did feel he made people nervous enough that they didn't see the beauty of the whole thing. Sometimes he was rather sure he made Xavier slightly nervous even from time to time.

Of course, the other reason that he was looking just a bit smug was that he quite enjoyed the answer he was about to give the woman sitting with him. "Well, I'm going to have to ask that you tell me. Does anything seem off?" There was amusement in his voice and there was also no trace of his actual accent which he was certainly in no hurry to ever reveal if he could help it.

The smugness did slide off as seriousness took up it's usual residency on his face. "You're in the same boat as us all then." There were elements of a question to the comment as well but Jason didn't need any answer as it was apparent to him.

A chuckle joined hers though as he let himself lighten up. "I rather like the image of that. I like to think that he'd be very confused because when he expected 'a devil' to take him away he was expecting someone red instead of bright pink...makes you think, though, where Apocalypse got the rest of his people since we already know three of his Horsemen certainly didn't sign up for it...and with Cecilia the world at large won't even know about her. How many others could be suffering under him yet we're giving this man airtime."

TH
PMEmail
^
Jean Grey
 Posted: Feb 12 2016, 05:57 PM
Jean Grey
is Offline
15 posts
X-Men
X-Men

With the suggestion that Jason was using his illusion abilities at that moment, Jean's eyes narrowed slightly as she turned away from the dark haired young man and looked around the room. She peered at various things a bit more closely than she had just a moment before, the items on the coffee table, the entertainment center, Jason himself although she didn't know him enough to know if anything was 'off' at all.

Finally, her gaze swung back to his eyes as she shook her head slightly. "Not that I'm able to decipher," Jean admitted to him. If he really was casting an illusion over or on something, it was definitely remarkable. Her mind, both her human one and the one that was enhanced with her psychic abilities, were unable to figure anything odd out.

They moved on to her lack of usefulness as yet another telepath that had joined the party. It really had been a while since she'd been within this place and before she'd moved back for the summer, the last time Jean had been here was before they'd turned it into a school, when it was just Professor Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr. In her naivety, she'd imagined that the men might find her abilities useful but it appeared telepaths were a dime a dozen around here.

It also didn't help that her powers were fluctuating as if she were thirteen again.

Jean was pulled from her less than appealing musings at the idea of the over-exuberant preacher being taken for a ride and left somewhere he couldn't spout his rhetoric at anyone. She gave her thoughts on possibly recruiting the pink skinned teleporter to do the deed and it appeared that appealed to Jason as well as his chuckle joined hers.

She smiled until he brought up the fact that because they already knew that some of the Horsemen didn't volunteer for their position, it was possible others wouldn't. That was sobering but how would they discover whether that was true or not? Brian Braddock was still under the man's control and that made her wonder if this Herald was working beyond her will as well. "If only there were a way to slip into whatever stronghold they had and discover this for ourselves. But that would need to be a small contingent and likely suicidal," Jean mused out loud.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

[b]Toggle Cbox[/b]
skinned by merc @ caution & cfs by black Mini Profile by Darren Criss of Shine
Affiliates
HelloImmortality X-Men/Avengers RoleplayX-Generation:X-Men Roleplay Crusader Citadel
The ArrowBMFemPOWEREDJust Wanna Have Fun Song of the MockingjaySearch & Destroy Songs Remain The SameMWFTFAILURE ROLEPLAYMidas Touch