< Transmutations -> Coming of Age
Slice 1 - Image 1 Slice 1 - Image 2 Slice 1 - Image 3 Slice 1 - Image 4
Slice 2 - Image 1 Slice 2 - Image 2 Slice 2 - Image 3 Slice 2 - Image 4
Slice 3 - Image 1 Slice 3 - Image 2 Slice 3 - Image 3 Slice 3 - Image 4
Slice 4 - Image 1 Slice 4 - Image 2 Slice 4 - Image 3 Slice 4 - Image 4

TRANSMUTATIONS APRIL 2015. X-MEN RPG. APOCALYPSE.

SITE NEWS 11/08 - ACTIVITY CHECK IS CLOSED, THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE WILL BE COMING TO AN END

STAFF TEARS, PANIC & FERGIE

PLOT MOVEMENT APOCALYPSE PREPARES FOR PHASE THREE

Add Reply
New Poll

Coming of Age, Tag: Kurt and Theresa
Thomas Cassidy
 Posted: May 30 2015, 03:45 PM
Black Tom Cassidy
is Offline
45 posts
Independent
Independent

While Tom Cassidy was ever the gambling man he didn't like taking a roll of the dice when it came to Theresa and...well, Theresa was just about it. Everything else in the world he would gladly risk for greater gain but Theresa was never going to be up for the wager if he could at all help it. This whole meeting to him felt like a risk but a part of him was telling himself that this was a step towards doing the greatest right he could ever hope to do for his daughter.

He checked his watch even though Kurt was certainly not going to be late. He had arranged the meet up fairly close to the school so the boy wouldn't be risking another jump that had put him at the feet of Tom in the first place. It was a dingy little coffee house but it was a dingy little coffee house that Tom knew to be mutant friendly, something that was quite a find indeed and made this place a true diamond in the rough and perfect for today's proceedings. "He should be coming any minute." He told Theresa although he wasn't sure she was feeling the same type of urgency that he was feeling towards this meeting. He was introducing his girl to the wider mutant world one mutant at a time and, while it was important that she knew others in case something were to ever happen to him there was a door opening here that he wasn't wholly comfortable with: with the door opening what if she were to step out of it and not come back to him?

It was something he was telling himself wasn't likely. Their relationship couldn't just be erased by bringing other people into her life that she would be able to relate to more than the friends she had now. Still, it was an uncomfortable thing to think about and the reason that he wished he could slip something extra into the coffee he was milking faster and faster to put his mostly hidden nerves at ease. Was this how all parents felt when thinking of their children growing up and leaving them or was this another level considering the things that he had done and Theresa had lived through?
PM
^
Theresa Cassidy
 Posted: May 31 2015, 07:55 AM
Theresa Cassidy
is Offline
25 posts
Independent
Independent

The day had finally arrived and while Theresa really tried not to be surprised, or at least show it in his presence, she actually was. Her dad had kept his promise and now they were sitting in a little coffee shop in a little town called Salem Center. When he'd informed her where they were headed, she'd quickly input the directions into the map feature on her phone, more out of curiosity than anything. She'd never heard of the town before but that wasn't surprising given they'd only lived in New York City a short time. Ironically, it was still the longest they'd ever stayed in one place and she had to admit she was loving this fact. It would actually make it harder to leave for college in just under a year and a half, unless something happened before now and then. Actually, odds were pretty great that this little idyllic life she was leading would be uprooted long before then. Her dad didn't have the best track record.

One thing that had caught her attention on the map was that if she kept going north, she could come to Albany. State University there was one of the colleges she was interested in and was already planning on petitioning him for a visit in the fall. If he didn't want to go with her, she'd just make the drive herself. While taking the Teconic State Parkway all the way would likely be a prettier drive, Theresa figured jumping across the Hudson and getting on the 87 would be much faster. This would always be an alternate route, though and she had months to figure it all out.

She was excited about this visit but probably not the reasons her dad figured she was. Oh, she was definitely happy to finally get her curiosity sated by meeting this blue German fellow. Her overactive imagination had created all sorts of visuals based on the small amount of information her dad had given her about Kurt and she wanted to know which one was the most accurate. Theresa was also definitely interested in meeting a fellow mutant. While she could hide what she was easily, had ceased to accidentally break things with a small screech when startled or taken by surprise a long time ago, it sounded like this guy couldn't and that had her even more curious. And then there was the tail...

As interesting as Kurt sounded, though, she was just glad to have an excuse to get her dad to herself for the day finally. Perhaps it was childish and she really should be beyond that but Theresa couldn't help herself. He was all she had left in life since her mom wasn't around and if anything ever happened to him, she'd be completely alone. It was a fear she didn't dwell on too much but it was present nonetheless so she took advantage of these rare days.

While her dad drank at his coffee, she'd ordered a mango pineapple smoothie and was grateful for the lightweight denim jacket she was still wearing as she drank the super sugary treat. While it wasn't winter any longer, it was still a bit chilly and a frozen drink had probably not been one of her better ideas but it had sounded so good. Actually tasted pretty terrific as well. "Well, if he does stand us up, we can just pretend that I kidnapped you for the day and forced you to finally spend countless hours in my presence," she replied as she looked up at him with a grin. At least she'd managed to keep the amount of sarcasm in her voice to a minimum.
PMAIM
^
Kurt Wagner
 Posted: Jun 11 2015, 03:02 PM
N/A
is Offline
64 posts
X-Men
X-Men

It wasn’t often that Kurt went into town during the daytime, even less so to a place that was potentially full of people. He was far too insecure about his looks to be able to go about the town like a normal person. Instead when he did go out, he quite often covered as much of himself as he could in clothing, that was easier in the winter, but now it was getting warmer it was harder. Today was no exception, thankfully the hoodie and jeans covered up much of himself, and his hands were hidden deep in the kangaroo pocket of the hoodie, his face though, that was something he couldn’t hide and had to rely on the shadows of the hood to keep him hidden.

Kurt could have walked into town, there was more of a chance that he would have been seen if he had, instead he had teleported into town. It wasn’t quite as much of a stress as it had been the first time he had met Tom, in fact jumping into town was becoming relatively easy for Kurt now. It was like a muscle, the more he flex it, the easier it got. They were going to meet at a coffee house that was in fact friendly to mutants, something Kurt wasn’t used to but he had to get there first.

Normally Kurt would appear in one of the safer alleys in the town, the one nearest to his favourite burger place was his normal destination. With the coffee house being mutant friendly though, Kurt was able to teleport directly into the coffee shop. Appearing by the door with a bamf, a few of the coffee shops customers looked up towards the teleporter but soon looked away. Kurt probably could have dropped the hood of his top, but he wasn’t quite ready for that either.

Instead though he quickly scanned the shop and caught site of Tom, Terry wasn’t quite visible to him as her back was towards him, but he could still see where he needed to go. At the school he would have bounded, and crouched and bounced off walls towards his destination, here though he had to walk upright, something that wasn’t always easy for Kurt but he did it nonetheless.

”Hallo” Kurt offered them a slightly awkward smile, before glancing from left to right and then pulling the hood back on his top. This was a big step for him, hopefully it wouldn’t go wrong. Quickly he pulled a seat out and took it before looking across at Terry. ”Hi. I’m Kurt. Sorry I'm late.” He didn’t offer a hand just yet, just incase she freaked out at the blue.
PM
^
Thomas Cassidy
 Posted: Jun 21 2015, 06:06 PM
Black Tom Cassidy
is Offline
45 posts
Independent
Independent

While they waited Tom was more than happy to bask in the company of Theresa. He was no fool, she was getting to the age where he was soon going to have to accept her leaving the nest they had formed but Tom wasn't looking forward to those days even if it would be a proud day to see her doing well on her own. There would be other times, of course, but the older she got the more different such things were going to be. He had sense enough to savour these moments when they came. He chuckled at her words, though, sipping still at his coffee between the noise. "Kidnapped me from who now? I think a more befitting word there would be saved. I can think of nothing better to do with my days." It was only a pity that wasn't often the choice he could make for both of their sakes.

They weren't to be stood up though and Tom raised his face away from her and his drink at the sound of Kurt arriving. "Here he comes now." He alerted Theresa needlessly as he did cast his eyes around to some of the patrons here. This place was mutant friendly but one never knew. It paid to be cautious even in a place like this. Public opinion was in freefall and there was only so much that people dared to tolerate openly. There was also the problem that came with a place like this. If he was comfortable to come here so were people like him and he wasn't about to lose either of the people that would be at his table to such as himself.

the grin plastered to his face though, not likely to slip off if things continued to go well. "Kurt, welcome. No need for apologies, Theresa and I have been quite enjoying ourselves in the wait." It was the truth, too, as far as he knew it went for both sides even. Too often things like this couldn't happen. "Theresa, Kurt, Kurt, Theresa. Would you like something to drink or eat, Kurt?" The quicker the boy was comfortable the better, both for enjoying this outing and for potential business later.

PM
^
Theresa Cassidy
 Posted: Jun 29 2015, 09:05 AM
Theresa Cassidy
is Offline
25 posts
Independent
Independent

A red eyebrow quirked as he mentioned that she'd more or less "saved" him instead of forced him to spend the day with her. She had about twelve different replies sitting on the tip of her tongue, none of which would be the least bit appropriate in this setting so with a bit of effort, she swallowed them all back down. Theresa wasn't about to waste this opportunity with him by reminding the man that he chose to spend most of his time away from her. Granted, she didn't really know what he was doing all those days and in some deep, dark part of her mind, she didn't want to know because she had a feeling she wouldn't like the answer one bit.

"So I go from kidnapper to savior in one blink of an eye. I can live with that," she replied just as his attention was drawn away from her and he announced that the third person in their party had arrived.

Of course, her curiosity had her glancing behind her but all she could see was a figure covered pretty much from head to toe, cautiously making his way toward them. Turning back to her dad, she didn't notice any concern on his face so she figured this must be the Kurt they were waiting for. She liked this little coffee shop so far. It was cleaner than some of the ones she'd been in in the city and the atmosphere was pretty comfortable to her.

In no time, the covered figure came to their table and removed his hood, greeting them with his accented voice. She smiled at him although internally she was much less calm. As her father introduced them and offered to get Kurt something to eat or drink, Theresa took in Kurt's appearance because her dad had not properly prepared her. The blue? Yeah, she was ready for that. It was the pointy ears and bottomless yellow eyes that surprised her the most. And his skin, while it looked smooth, didn't seem to be quite skin at all. However, she refrained from reaching over and touching him just to see exactly what he felt like. For some reason, she figured her dad would seriously disapprove and she might scare the boy off. He did seem pretty skittish so far but she really couldn't blame him.

Instead, Theresa picked up her smoothie, tilted it slightly in his direction and said, "If you like frozen drinks, this is pretty good although next time I think I'll try the strawberry banana one instead." Would there ever be a next time? Probably not but it didn't hurt to think about the future. "And the whipped cream is the real deal, not the cheap imitation stuff that is usually used." Oh, yes, an absolutely bonus.

Setting the drink down once more, she finally reached her hand out to properly greet the blue German. She would never admit to anyone that it was only partially proper manners that made her want to shake his hand. "Only my dad really calls me Theresa. My friends and teachers at school call me Terry. I'm really glad you agreed to meet me, Kurt. I have to admit I've been curious ever since Dad told me about you. I've not met many other mutants," she told him honestly. Whether that was purely coincidental or by her father's designs, she couldn't say but either option was pretty viable.
PMAIM
^
Kurt Wagner
 Posted: Jul 13 2015, 01:23 PM
N/A
is Offline
64 posts
X-Men
X-Men

They hadn’t been waiting for him long that was good. Kurt didn’t like keeping people waiting for him especially when they had been the ones to invite him to this meeting, it also helped that Terry didn’t freak out when she saw his appearance. Rather than the fear that many had when they saw him, he was instead greeted with a smile, something that he appreciated perhaps more than anything, acceptance was perhaps the most prized possession to someone who stuck out from the crowd so much. ”It is good to meet you,” Kurt returned the smile that was given to him, despite his initial fear of coming to the United States so far things seem to be turning out quite well for him.

Tom asked whether he wanted anything, and Kurt pondered, he wasn’t the largest of coffee drinkers, and when he did drink it he tended to put a lot of sugar in it. Terry suggested the ice drink that sounded good, in fact he could go for one right now. ”Can I have one of the iced drinks please?” Kurt didn’t really like asking others for things, he’d been working since he was a toddler and while he barely ever saw any of the money he made at the circus asking people to get things for him never came easily.

”Your dad helped me out a huge amount when I got stuck in the city, how could I say no?” And the fact that Kurt believed that Tom was something of a friend to him, ”I hadn’t met any others until I came to the United States. I think they are rarer or something in Europe,” Shrugging a little as he pondered or whether because he was in a freak show, older mutants just knew better than to try and get near to the circus.

”What can you do?” it was rather obvious what Kurt’s mutations were other than his teleportation, but Terry’s hers weren’t obvious straight away, and given his natural curiosity he just couldn’t think of any other way to ask her that was less blunt than the way he asked everyone else who he met with an X-Gene.
PM
^
Thomas Cassidy
 Posted: Jul 25 2015, 03:08 PM
Black Tom Cassidy
is Offline
45 posts
Independent
Independent

This had been a good idea and Tom couldn't help but mentally congratulate himself. There were, of course, inherent risks having Theresa meet anyone he intended to involve in his business dealings. In this case, however, Tom was finding himself to be more at home with the idea. This wasn't the usual type of mutant or human he did business with after all. Kurt wasn't exactly one to pose a danger if he had judged him truly. There wasn't any harm that Tom could figure out in his Theresa making this new acquaintance. Plus it was another way for her to forge connections in her life. Nervous though he might be and...certainly over-protective he may be, Tom knew it was wise for his daughter to start forging relations with more of their kind...as long as they were the right kind. Theresa only needed him to be the questionable person in her life and she needed mutants in her life for the day he might not come back.

He was also quite proud of how she was reacting at the first glimpse of Kurt. It was somewhat strange having someone all covered up coming towards your table in any setting and the unveiling of what had been under all of that could certainly but a shock. It was certain to him that Cassidys were made of sterner stuff than to show that reaction and he was always glad to see such traits easily come to the surface with her. He counted all of those instances as evidence that, no matter what else he had done in his life, Theresa had been done right if not always done right by.

Tom nodded at the drink request, reaching over to pick up his walking stick. "Of course," he did linger enough to be sure the two would be talking fine while he stepped away, though. Kurt struck him as someone that might take a little bit to get going and...well...Tom knew his Theresa could steamroller right along if she deemed it necessary. "It seems it's growing more common to find us now. I imagine they might be getting quieter soon enough in some parts again but who knows what the future might hold." He chuckled despite the possibly dark topic, there was still an element of hope in him where most of it had died out through jaded outlooks of life. Tom would always look hopefully for the future because that was where he was sending her, after all.

He hefted himself up, stretching a bit from the low booth that was always detrimental to creaky, overworked joints. "I'll leave you two to the power talk, just keep the demonstrations quiet, eh?" He chuckled again before leaving their table and starting up towards the front.
PM
^
Theresa Cassidy
 Posted: Jul 26 2015, 08:33 PM
Theresa Cassidy
is Offline
25 posts
Independent
Independent

Kurt chose one of the frozen smoothies, which she thought was a very wise decision. She didn't go for coffee, ever, unless it was mixed with chocolate as a mocha and was so sweet that the taste of actual coffee just wasn't there any longer. When she did go to coffee shops with friends, she would either get a frozen confection like she had now or a hot chocolate. Sometimes she'd go for tea, she actually really liked a decent Earl Grey but her real weakness was chocolate so that's where she tended to lean during the winter.

As for her father really helping Kurt out that day? Yeah...she'd been furious at him. And might have still been holding a bit of a grudge for the fact that a stranger had come before her, again, but now that Theresa had a face to go with a name of said stranger? That grudge, that residual anger, vanished. While her dad could have found himself not in the city that day and with her instead (which had been the plan), she was kind of, sort of glad that he'd been there to help. "That's my dad. Can always find a way to be where he's needed," she replied but didn't add the rest of what she was thinking.

She shot her father a questioning look when he mentioned that it was easier to find mutants these days. As far as she could tell, it wasn't easy at all. The only one she'd ever really known was her dad and that didn't count. One would think that after living in New York City for a few months, she would have come across at least one other. Granted, like her, they were probably hiding still. While she'd been raised to embrace the fact she was a mutant, her dad had actually been quite proud when the ability had emerged, he'd still cautioned her about using her gift in public. Which had made getting used to it that much more difficult. Not to mention the cause for having to move a time or two. "I think that would be nice," she said as Tom prepared to go to the counter and order Kurt's drink. "I'd like to meet more people like us and not have to be afraid of what would happen if the wrong person found out."

Tom chuckled at Kurt's inquiry about her powers and she couldn't help but grin at his reply, even if she did roll her eyes a bit in his direction. She was well aware that comment was made toward her. She couldn't really give a demonstration of her powers here, inside this coffee shop. Nope, it was made for outside usage, unless she was singing in the shower and trying to top the high note that the singer on the radio was hitting. She could do it, just sometimes there were consequences involved if she wasn't paying enough attention.

As her father limped away, a limp she was entirely familiar with and had stopped bugging him years ago about where it had come from, she turned to face Kurt fully. "Don't worry, that crack about keeping it down was for me. You see, I scream. Really, really loudly. He calls it a sonic scream because I can break things with my voice. Not really an easy to demonstrate power, at least not without some consequences that I have a feeling my dad wouldn't be too pleased about if I showed you," she explained, still smiling.

It was obvious what's Kurt's mutation was. He was blue, looked sort of like a demon and had a tail, something she'd not really caught sight of yet. But was there more to him than that? Tom hadn't said but her father was pretty well known to leave key facts out of whatever he was telling her. After a sip at her smoothie, she nodded toward Kurt and asked, "What about you?"
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

[b]Toggle Cbox[/b]
skinned by merc @ caution & cfs by black Mini Profile by Darren Criss of Shine
Affiliates
HelloImmortality X-Men/Avengers RoleplayX-Generation:X-Men Roleplay Crusader Citadel
The ArrowBMFemPOWEREDJust Wanna Have Fun Song of the MockingjaySearch & Destroy Songs Remain The SameMWFTFAILURE ROLEPLAYMidas Touch