< Transmutations -> A Mouth Ready for a Foot
Slice 1 - Image 1 Slice 1 - Image 2 Slice 1 - Image 3 Slice 1 - Image 4
Slice 2 - Image 1 Slice 2 - Image 2 Slice 2 - Image 3 Slice 2 - Image 4
Slice 3 - Image 1 Slice 3 - Image 2 Slice 3 - Image 3 Slice 3 - Image 4
Slice 4 - Image 1 Slice 4 - Image 2 Slice 4 - Image 3 Slice 4 - Image 4

TRANSMUTATIONS APRIL 2015. X-MEN RPG. APOCALYPSE.

SITE NEWS 11/08 - ACTIVITY CHECK IS CLOSED, THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE WILL BE COMING TO AN END

STAFF TEARS, PANIC & FERGIE

PLOT MOVEMENT APOCALYPSE PREPARES FOR PHASE THREE

Add Reply
New Poll

A Mouth Ready for a Foot, Tag: Theresa
Cessily Kincaid
 Posted: Sep 19 2015, 07:34 PM
N/A
is Offline
N/A
6 posts
Members
Fergie

(Note to readers, this is pre-mutated Cessily)

A practical bone in Cessily was telling her that she should have followed her mother's suggestion and wore much more practical shoes for the walking tour of campus. Still, the wedges were cute and she wasn't going to walk around college like a slob, not when there were people to meet and she wanted to make a good impression. Surely girls who showed up in scuffed up tennis shoes weren't the ones who ended up with a date by Homecoming Freshman year.

Luckily she was starting to recognize buildings again which surely meant that this part of the tour was about to come to an end. She had fallen into the back of the group, enabling her to tune out some and just observe things. Yes, she could see herself here, everything seemed quite pleasant and kept up, the programs sounded interesting, and the student body quite the thing. Surely that was the checklist for most every college tour for anyone who intended to have a good time for four years. Still, there were some annoyances to the tour and she couldn't help but lean towards the other girl at the back of the group. "I swear, if this guy makes us stop for another ice-breaker conversation I'm going to take my heels off and clock him one. I am so ready for an off-campus lunch before we have to come back again." Maybe if she lingered she could get an invite to her first real college party. Now that would surely teach her in the best way what kind of experience she was going to have at this school.

While she waited for that to come along surely she could make do with some small chat and the girl beside her looked as likely as any person to start that up with. "So do you see yourself coming to this place?" She asked, curiously. Who knows, it didn't hurt to ask. "It looks nice enough. I'm Cessily, by the way, I'm afraid I was spacing out a bit when all the introductions went around, too busy looking around when we were doing that." It was a bad habit she did possess but Cessily didn't have any problems admitting that she often did go off in her own little world. She held to the idea that doing so was important. It was only boring people that just absorbed the bald facts about what was around them, Cessily wanted to really consider them and think them through. It just took time, too much to always get everything.
PM
^
Theresa Cassidy
 Posted: Sep 27 2015, 06:20 PM
Theresa Cassidy
is Offline
25 posts
Independent
Independent

Probably one of the best parts about today's college visit was that she was excused from school for the day. That was something pretty spectacular as far as she was concerned. Theresa wasn't much into missing classes as her advanced curriculum made it so that being there every day was rather important. However, knowing that she'd not even be marked absent today was pretty satisfying and she didn't even have to step foot into the school. The form had already been signed by the man giving the tour and was safely tucked into the purse that was slung across her shoulders cross-body style.

She had made the trip with two other girls, both of whom were her friends. It had all worked out rather well that one of them drove since her father had informed her that he needed the car for the day. Getting a car of her own was quickly becoming a priority for the young redhead and she knew that her best bet was to get a job. Even a summer job would be good and would likely get her well on her way to securing a vehicle by next fall.

Unfortunately, the two girls she'd ridden with this morning had been placed in a different tour group so she'd done this whole thing on her own. Some of the potential students had their parents with them. Others had friends. Only a small handful were like herself and had no one. One such girl was a fellow ginger who kept glancing at her shoes.

This was Terry's second college visit and she'd learned the first time. Granted, if she'd not learned, her father would have reminded her that she'd griped to him the entire day about her feet hurting when she'd worn a pair of heeled boots to that one. She was positive that was the reason for the look of relief on his face the other day when she'd told him that she would have a way to get to Annandale-On-Hudson without needing the car or him to take her. Well, either that or because she'd chatted with him incessantly on the trip home about everything they'd seen.

They were on their way back to the Student Union, where the tour had begun two hours ago, when they paused for a moment and the girl next to her spoke. Terry looked over and smiled at her words. She got that, for sure. There were times she wondered if adults knew how stupid teenagers found these little games of theirs. Looking own at her own feet, she knew that the other girl's heels would do more damage than her Converse would. "If I can't find the people I came with, I'll be eating in the Commons. My dad needed the car for the day so I'm stuck on campus for now," she admitted to the other girl.

"I'm Terry," she replied to the girl upon hearing her name. "I don't know. It's a pretty small campus, it makes me wonder just how diverse their extra curriculars are, you know? Last week, we visited Cornell and it was massive compared to here. But I do like the idea of smaller class sizes," she told Cessily honestly. There were two other colleges that were of interest to her in this area before she would hit her dad up for all the ones she wanted to visit out of state. He had no clue that was coming...

"What about you? Think this small university is something you could live at for four years?" Theresa asked, turning the question toward her fellow redhead.
PMAIM
^
Cessily Kincaid
 Posted: Oct 18 2015, 04:10 PM
N/A
is Offline
N/A
6 posts
Members
Fergie

Cessily blinked at Terry's reasoning behind her opinions of the school already, deciding that perhaps she needed to get a bit more serious about how she was looking at colleges as she hadn't been thinking of anything like extra curriculars or class sizes. For a moment she felt almost embarrassed but didn't let it show, instead trying to come up with an answer that might be on par with the thought that this Terry had put into her own. "It's a bit isolated out here." That much was true at least. Cessily didn't know about living this far out of a city; it seemed like the kind of place you had to scrounge around for something to do and there was only so many times a person could linger around the dorms or the rest of campus. "I feel like it could get very confining, I think I'd like to be somewhere where something was happening more often. This place seems to sleepy to me."

Sure, that might not be worrying about class sizes and the like but it at least impacted opportunities people would have here. "I've not really looked around as much as I should. My cousin lives around here so I just swung down for the weekend and drove the rest of the way here to check this place out while I was down here." Next time she was coming with a group, that much was certain. She'd have a group of friends, a bigger bag, and different shoes stored in that bigger bag.

"So I guess unless the town impresses me while I'm out I'm probably saying no to this place. I'm leaning more towards some place more urban. Some place where I can get a good internship later on without having to drive hours for a meeting only to get turned down or something." And she also didn't want to be on a small campus where she was going to walk into people she may have done things she regretted with at a party the week before. Cessily grabbed the door to the Student Union, holding it open for her new companion of the day. "I guess it makes sense to test out the food here, too, even if we're both leaning away from the place."

PM
^
Theresa Cassidy
 Posted: Nov 1 2015, 11:30 AM
Theresa Cassidy
is Offline
25 posts
Independent
Independent

"Where are you from? Are you looking at schools in New York or further out?" Terry asked her as the man finished up his latest bit of information and they continued toward the Student Union once more.

Terry herself had lived in many places, not really able to call any of them home and they had lived in towns smaller than this one before. If she were being honest with herself, she would have admitted that even coming to this small university and town would at least be a comfort in that she wouldn't have to move for four years. The idea of staying in one place for that long was both foreign and coveted. However, if there was one thing her father had taught her, it was to weigh all options before making a life changing decision. Sadly, it wasn't because he followed that rule himself. Nope, she learned by watching him uproot them suddenly so many times that she lost count and it seemed that each time had possibly been the wrong decision in the end.

"Well, at least you have someone here who can show you around. I think viewing a new place from the eyes of a native is always much more enlightening than seeing it yourself. Have you thought of any of the colleges in New York City? Other than L.A., you can't get much more urban. I thought about New York University but the idea of moving a bit further from my dad is more appealing," she asked, a grin forming on her lips.

She loved her dad. She pretty much adored her dad. But she didn't always like him very much and as close as she felt they were overall, there was always this little wedge between them from his abandoning of her so often. To put it bluntly, she couldn't rely on him for too much. The chances of him actually being home when she got there were about 50/50, although lately he'd been home much more than he'd ever been. There were moments that Theresa thought maybe her logic about wanting to live further away from him was flawed. If he was going to be around more, shouldn't she want to spend that extra time with him? However, deep in gut, she didn't trust him to actually be there despite his recent track record. It was better for her to just go away and begin creating a life of her own.

Terry stepped through the door with a verbal thanks thrown in her companion's direction. The Student Union was nice, she would be the first to admit that. It was fairly modern in decorations, including numerous charging stations set up for laptops and mobile devices. A small cafeteria was located near the center with four different food options. There was a larger cafeteria near the center of the small campus that offered a much larger variety but if there to meet up here again in forty five minutes like their guide was suggesting, maybe it would be better to just stay here. She could do a burger and fries with the best of them now that she was past her latest vegetarian phase.

They walked slowly toward the cafeteria and Terry looked at the options. There was a vegan one, which would have appealed to her three months ago, a burger station with a turkey burger option, a self serve pizza station that sold pizza by the slice, and an Asian cuisine station. "What do you think? I think I'm going to stick with the burger and fries. Since I do believe that and pizza tend to be the preferred meals of college students, might as well get in on the full experience, right?" she asked with a grin.

Once the food was chosen and paid for, they moved to an available table.
PMAIM
^
Cessily Kincaid
 Posted: Nov 1 2015, 07:30 PM
N/A
is Offline
N/A
6 posts
Members
Fergie

"I'm from Maine, Portland." Cessily replied, mulling over the second question that was asked. "A part of me really was tempted to go further but I think that I would get really homesick if I went completely across the country...but the adventure of it really appeals to me, too." Indecisiveness ran rampant in Cessily sometime but that wasn't something she was going to stew about. She would make a decision eventually and she would be swept up in loving the place too much to have any kind of regrets. There would be far too many things to be excited about and to do to waste on regrets. "I've been tempted towards New York City, though, but I think I'll probably be settling for something maybe not as urban because one minute I feel myself leaning that way but the next minute I'm on a huge nature kick. Maybe college will teach me how to make up my mind but I'm not holding my breath. I'll probably go for a city, though, and still closeish to my family. I don't really think Mom and Dad know what to do without me, you know?"

"I've definitely thought about moving further away before, though. I think that's something we all do." Cessily said almost conspiratorially with her laugh. As she did she took in the smells, the air thick with different foods that blended together to remind her that finally she wouldn't have to eat the school food she had been brought up with throughout the years. There were now plenty of healthy choices she would be ignoring throughout the first year until the first fifteen pounds packed on.

"PIzza is striking my fancy pretty hard." Cessily decided, making a bee's line towards the serving trays and to the pizza to load it on up. "That way we can cover both of our bases and see if both are good, yeah?" She gladly grabbed up the closest slice of pepperoni before turning to eye the drinks. So much soda, so little time.

"So what are you going to school for?" Cessily asked, finding herself curious. "Anything to justify taking the chance to fling yourself farther into the world? I've not really decided yet...imagine that." she added, slightly guiltily. "I think something with books, though, stories. I could do well with lit classes I think."
PM
^
Theresa Cassidy
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 07:07 PM
Theresa Cassidy
is Offline
25 posts
Independent
Independent

"That's a pretty decent way away," she replied when Cessily told her she was from Maine. "We've been in New York City for a few months now." Not that she expected the other redhead to know what meant by "now" but it was the easiest way to say it. Terry listened to Cess mull, verbally, over her options and what she was thinking. It was obvious already that the other girl had trouble making decisions and for that reason alone, she didn't envy her much. What she did envy was that this girl not only had both of her parents, they would actually miss her when she left for college.

Granted, she didn't have a mum because she'd died when Terry was a baby and while she'd never once wished her dad had remarried, she did feel like she missed out on something by not having a mother figure with them. If her dad had ever dated, it had been done behind her back, something that would have been extremely easy for the man to do. She also knew he'd miss her when she did leave but she didn't believe he'd miss her as much as most parents would. Theresa had the distinct impression that she'd been in the way most of her life and while she still didn't know exactly what he did for a living, she knew he spent a lot of time protecting her from it. Some things were just too obvious to not notice over the years. Without her around, he'd be free to do anything he wanted without any worry whatsoever.

Terry gathered up and paid for the burger and fries while Cessily helped herself to the pizza. She was right, this way they could have a decent sample of what the food on campus would be like. While there were a few options for campus dining, they would all have the same sort of food and unless she ate at a restaurant somewhere, this would be what she would be dining on should she come here.

Settling into a table, she hung her purse on the back of the chair dipped one of her fries into the ketchup. Her dad had accused her recently of becoming too American and she knew he was right but what did he expect? She might have been Irish in blood but she had been in this country since she was two years old. She was pretty much as American as this plate of burger and fries was. Popping the fry into her mouth, she chewed as Cessily asked her a question.

Luckily, the other teen proceeded to keep talking while she finished eating that morsel of food. Shrugging slightly, she took a sip of her Coke and replied, "I'm not really sure yet. Maybe French but other than being a teacher or translator, I'm not sure what good the degree would do. I guess there's always an ambassador or something. Surely there aren't too many Irish born, American raised, French speaking ambassadors out there." By the time she was finished, she was grinning because that idea was so ludicrous it was hilarious. About the only thing she didn't add was that she was not only all of those things, she was also a mutant and what that meant for her future was up in the air. Dad said not to worry overly much about it and really, she tried but there were times she would catch the news and wonder just what would happen if her friends at school knew her secret.

Actually, she knew very well what would happen. They would move again and she had done everything humanly possible to prevent that from happening, even if her dad didn't have a clue.
PMAIM
^
Cessily Kincaid
 Posted: Dec 28 2015, 02:53 PM
N/A
is Offline
N/A
6 posts
Members
Fergie

Cessily chewed thoughtfully at her pizza as she listened to Theresa discuss her potential studies. It was nice to know that someone else looking around for places was also not sure yet what they even wanted to study; it was validation that Cessily didn't have to have all of the answers people might think she should have by now. There was one problem with listening to someone else discuss their still unsure possibilities, however. It put yet another possibility in Cessily's own mind. Cessily's mind had no ability at times to weigh the practicality of choices even with someone sitting across from her saying that job possibilities were limited.

"French could be so good! You would even probably get to justify studying abroad with that!" Oh that opened up a whole new world of possibilities for her in this moment of consideration. Cessily was now caught up in a world where she rested on a rooftop in Paris using her translation skills for...something, the job didn't really matter but the fact was she was working in France for some company and being able to skip down to the cafes and enjoy all of the art, the shopping...she was perhaps getting ahead of her self. She would have to actually learn French before that was a possibility but who knows? It was certainly something to give a try at while she was studying. "It would be fantastic; I think I'd love to do that." Cessily finally drew herself back out of her imaginings of the future to keep talking.

Coming out of such lovely imaginings did sort of sully their surroundings, though. This place was definitely not Paris even if it had it's own charms. Maybe her family would understand if she wanted to study ridiculously far away? "I guess we have to get through school before something like that's going to be happening though, isn't it?" She took another bite of her pizza, bringing her expectations back down to Earth.

The cafeteria seemed to be ready to aid Cessily in coming back to earth as well as the news came in over the 'music television' that seemed to be the norm to have playing in here. The topic of the news was predictable, as it was the same as it has been for the past few months. Cessily shuddered as she listened to it all, not wanting to think about what could be going on in that stadium in Australia. "Maybe now isn't the best time to travel too far though, huh?" She asked, nodding towards the television against the wall. "It's just terrifying. Can you imagine?"

PM
^
Theresa Cassidy
 Posted: Jan 6 2016, 12:12 PM
Theresa Cassidy
is Offline
25 posts
Independent
Independent

Cessily's enthusiasm about possibly studying French took Terry by surprise. She blinked at her fellow redhead as the other girl gushed about studying abroad. Honestly, it was something that had never occurred to her. Sure, she'd always wanted to go to Ireland and see Cassidy Keep with her own two eyes instead of just hearing about it from her dad but to actually leave the US for college? If she went to France to study, she'd be so much closer to Ireland that surely she could sneak away for a weekend or two to explore the homeland she didn't even remember...

"Maybe," Terry said noncommittally. "The hardest part would be convincing my dad to let me go out of the country for school. I might be better off starting at a university here and transferring in a couple of years."

That was probably an understatement regarding her father. While he wasn't around very much, he seemed to still want to know where she was and who she was with when he was home. Sometimes it had been very hard transitioning from total and complete independence to being under scrutiny in the course of a few hours and that had been the cause of many of their arguments. That and the fact the man was never on time for anything. Well, anything with her, at least.

"Graduation really isn't that far away so unless we really screw up our senior years, I don't see why we can't plan something like that now. Make France a goal or something. Besides, if you do literature, you can do that anywhere. Berlin, Milan, Tokyo. There are a ton of choices," Terry replied, not sure why she was trying to boost Cessily's spirits about it. She didn't even know this girl.

Terry took a bite of her burger and was eating that when Cess' attention was drawn to the television. She'd been tuning out the music, which was easier than people might think for one with enhanced hearing, but focused back in when the news came on. As the news footage panned from a distance, mostly showing stock photos of Australia, she unconsciously bit down on her bottom lip. The world seemed to be all going to pieces these days and at the center of it all were mutants. Or what appeared to be mutants.

Dad had said that she was safe enough and to not worry but with the way he disappeared at a moment's notice, it was hard not to worry. Ironically, she worried for his safety more so than her own. At least she knew she wasn't off doing something stupid. She couldn't make that claim about him.

"Nope, not at all," she replied about being able to imagine. "Although I bet getting a passport is dirt cheap nowadays. As well as airfare to certain cities to get tourists back in." That was offered half heartedly and with a shrug. No, she wasn't looking to leave the country, or even New York City for that matter, any time soon.
PMAIM
^
Cessily Kincaid
 Posted: Jan 24 2016, 04:10 PM
N/A
is Offline
N/A
6 posts
Members
Fergie

One moment the world had seemed a welcoming place full of adventure, romance, and possibility as she had let herself prattle on about Paris and all of the ideas she had about what the world was like in her mind that was obviously stuffed too full with stories and old movies. Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire had just danced their way out of Cessily's head and it the place of light and romance came the horror and the gore that was now plastered on the screens shoehorning it's way into Cessily's life and the lives of everyone else in the world now.

It was a terrible come-down to be pulled back to the world they lived in instead of the one Cessily wished for. Graduation might not be all that far away but there also were a lot of things that could happen between now and then. "I guess it probably isn't all that safe anywhere. It's not like they couldn't just get anywhere. Nothing's exactly stopping them from doing what they're doing. I mean...sure, there's some people in weird suits but they're mutants, too."

The news never got as good of a look but as far as Cessily thought if they were hiding then they weren't all that trustworthy either. Everyone involved was dangerous and something to be feared. "Makes you wonder how many mutants there are just wandering around though. Them watching this all happening probably just makes more and more of them want to do the same thing or to just flat out join them. I mean, it isn't as if anything is stopping them. What's an army going to do with someone who could control their minds or something?"

She shook her head, going back to her food and looking down from the television. "Sorry. I don't usually like talking about things like this but I guess seeing it always winds me up. It's just scary."
PM
^
Theresa Cassidy
 Posted: Feb 13 2016, 07:47 AM
Theresa Cassidy
is Offline
25 posts
Independent
Independent

Terry was less than pleased with how the topic of conversation shifted. While she'd been taught to embrace her mutant abilities, that she was definitely something special because of them, her dad had also warned her to be cautious about them. The fact that the world really wasn't completely prepared for mutants to come on the scene was obvious, especially in light of Cessily's comments. What this man and his followers were doing to the world and the world's population didn't exactly help any of them – humans or mutants alike.

She pulled her attention away from the television and concentrated on not hearing it so clearly. The fact there were people – mutants – out there trying to stop this Apocalypse character interested her and for a split second, she thought she saw someone she recognized but the camera panned away too quickly. No way would her dad's friend Kurt be caught up in that mess. No one else looked at all familiar to the Irish redhead but she was still a bit curious about it and might ask Dad later when she saw him. Depending on the sort of mood he was in.

"Just because one mutant is doing something idiotic doesn't mean all will want to join in. It's no different than humans," she muttered as she poked a fry at her half eaten hamburger bun. Terry's appetite had pretty much vanished at this point and her stomach churned slightly. To hear Cessily's words, to know that the other redhead was lumping them all as the same person, didn't sit right with her. She wasn't a vocal member for mutant rights but as a second generation mutant, she definitely had a voice on the topic. She just usually kept it silent like her father had asked her to.

Thumbing toward the television for a second, she added, "He and his followers are scary. Most mutants probably aren't scary. Just like Hitler, for every million humans on the planet, there's a rotten one or two who believe they are the vision of perfection. And just like Hitler, this guy can be brought down, too, and it looks like those people in uniform are trying to do just that."
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

[b]Toggle Cbox[/b]
skinned by merc @ caution & cfs by black Mini Profile by Darren Criss of Shine
Affiliates
HelloImmortality X-Men/Avengers RoleplayX-Generation:X-Men Roleplay Crusader Citadel
The ArrowBMFemPOWEREDJust Wanna Have Fun Song of the MockingjaySearch & Destroy Songs Remain The SameMWFTFAILURE ROLEPLAYMidas Touch