< Transmutations -> Connecting Flights
Slice 1 - Image 1 Slice 1 - Image 2 Slice 1 - Image 3 Slice 1 - Image 4
Slice 2 - Image 1 Slice 2 - Image 2 Slice 2 - Image 3 Slice 2 - Image 4
Slice 3 - Image 1 Slice 3 - Image 2 Slice 3 - Image 3 Slice 3 - Image 4
Slice 4 - Image 1 Slice 4 - Image 2 Slice 4 - Image 3 Slice 4 - Image 4

TRANSMUTATIONS APRIL 2015. X-MEN RPG. APOCALYPSE.

SITE NEWS 11/08 - ACTIVITY CHECK IS CLOSED, THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE WILL BE COMING TO AN END

STAFF TEARS, PANIC & FERGIE

PLOT MOVEMENT APOCALYPSE PREPARES FOR PHASE THREE

Add Reply
New Poll

Connecting Flights, Tagged: Selene/Ev
Remy LeBeau
 Posted: Dec 6 2014, 09:01 PM
Remy LeBeau
is Offline
22 posts
Marauders
Marauder

Growing up, Remy LeBeau knew that he would pull himself up from the beginnings that fate had dealt him. There might be some people who would be narrow-minded enough to say that he hadn't succeeded in doing so considering the methods he had employed to form the life he has now but the fact that he was now unknown miles from the bayous and streets he had haunted was a proven point he could appreciate at the moment as he sucked in a great lungful of air and looked at what of Rome he could now see spread before him. Yes, he had certainly come a long way and sometimes he could forget how indebted he was to some people in getting this far. Right now was one of those times as he walked along the streets he didn't know but could make himself comfortable on all the same. It was an idea of an environment he could make himself comfortable in; if he kept such things in mind then he could never be made to be uncomfortable by a sense of unfamiliarity. That very idea was something Remy couldn't help but take a certain comfort in as it helped him adapt to every new point he had ever arrived at in his life. Everything boiled down to more or less of the same.

He looked at the people sitting at tables talking amongst themselves; so many different little worlds going on in the same area but a good many of them were all on the same topic. Mind, it was a topic that was probably being discussed all the world over but Remy didn't even need to speak the language to pick up the mentions of Belgium and mutants. The topic should make him want to push his sunglasses up more securely but Remy had been playing this poker game long enough to not have such an obvious tell. Instead he strolled on through the tables until coming to one with only one occupant who matched the description he had been given by the contact who had brought her to his attention...or him to her attention. He wasn't really certain what way this meeting was really going but why would he pass up the opportunity for a little side-trip while he waited for his travel arrangements to be made. He had to take some time between the places he was being sent or else things would look mighty suspicious indeed; it made sense to get work done while he waited and this seemed like a pleasurable kind of work.

"'xcuse me, ma'am, but is this seat taken?" The drawl in his voice was as thick as it ever neither aided or hindered by the sideways smile that was something of a habit for him when addressing any woman familiar or non. "Seems a pity to set by ourselves out here on a day as nice as this, don't it now?"
PM
^
Selene Gallio
 Posted: Dec 12 2014, 08:21 AM
is N/A
N/A posts

Dressed in a leather cage dress, Selene craned her manicured hand toward the seat across from herself and smiled at Monsieur Gambit with wicked amusement. She had not been given a description of the man who was to meet with her today - their mutual connections had blocked her staff from identifying him due to security concerns on his end - but Selene knew predators when she smelled them. She also knew scavengers. Which the one who called himself Gambit classified himself as remained to be seen and, for her part, Selene could not be fully bothered to care. She drew her hand back and ran it through the voluminous sweep of her raven hair. "Please," she darkly purred. "Do sit."

Recently, Selene had learned of the strife in Europe related to what the international media was describing as mutants - people, she presumed, who were similar to her in some sense. In her long life she had encountered a handful of individuals who could do some of the same things that she could, but never with the same scope or poise that she wielded; she was a being of incredible might, and her long hunt of mankind had been nothing if not proof of this. The international media, however, was reporting things that interested Selene greatly; it seemed that more powerful creatures like herself were emerging, and she suspected that others like her were responsible for the bloodshed which was currently transpiring in Belgium. A part of her wished to go there, to enjoy the spoils of a field of cattle for her consumption, but the indulgence was too risky and the return too minimal. Consuming humans was passe now; she wanted something more.

"The humans cannot hear us speaking, by the way. I've enchanted their minds. They think that we are two elderly people discussing our holiday," Selene said, her feline-like eyes flicking about the room to ensure that the enchantment of her mind was in place. Nobody was interested in what she or Gambit was doing, and though there was machinery that was capable of tracking their conversation, Selene could feel every inanimate object in the building. She could make everything twist itself into oblivion if she thought hard enough. At her feet, there was a leather satchel. She pushed it across the floor toward Gambit. "There is your money. I mean to assert a power-base where the more advanced people are most populous. I require a space where I may use my gifts freely and where I can carry out my work without suspicion. I was told you could help me to arrange this, that you had intelligence for me."

She thought she could use the money she was giving him to kill him if he lied to her. It would be an amusing irony.

"Tell me everything you know about the mutants in America. Tell me about the Hellfire Club."
^
Remy LeBeau
 Posted: Dec 20 2014, 07:19 PM
Remy LeBeau
is Offline
22 posts
Marauders
Marauder

What Gambit might classify himself as might be considerably different from what he was or what he wanted to be but such labels weren't what he was interested in at the moment. His entire world was expanding while he might be technically caught up in an almost unshakable debt. One label he might consider himself as being beyond all the flattery he might toss his way was slippery. If he played the cards that were given to him he would eventually be rid of all of this; it wasn't up to him to care about what he was doing in the time between. "Why thank you, glad to join you, and I'm glad to hear it. No need to make people around us feel more jealous than they have to be now, yes?" Flippant might also be a term that would apply but it wasn't something Remy would go out of his way to toss about. He would much rather live a life where eventually people would be concerned about figuring out who he was than him having to pigeonhole himself for them.

He didn't budge as the satchel brushed against his foot. This wasn't exactly the first time there had actually been literal under the table money given to him, after all, and he expected that kind of thing to happen at one of these sort of meetings. "Well," He started, leaning back in his seat to make himself comfortable as he took the surroundings in more. It was true that not a person was paying attention them. It was somewhat unsettling, actually. There was something to be said for some eye-contact here and there but this was like being in your own little fishbowl among a crowd.

"That all depends on what kind of mutants you want to be associating with but I'd have to say that you would probably be getting the more bang for your buck in New York. There's another collection of mutants in the midwest right now but I don't really see you as the type for more rural living and if your interested in the Club then I think we can write that off for the time being." His accent seemed to thicken with each word and it was evident by that fact that, more than likely, he was giving the information about New York rather second-handedly. "There's a few mutants floating around in the Club up that ways as well, pretty high up for what I understand of it and at least two of them are involved in bringing more mutants into the area. You looking to set yourself up with them or just around them?"
PM
^
Selene Gallio
 Posted: Dec 25 2014, 08:13 AM
is N/A
N/A posts

New York," Selene purred darkly. She had never been to New York, but understood that it was one of the most populous areas in the United States. It made sense that mutants would congregate there, given the capitalistic opportunities that the area offered and the liberalism of that section of the United States; if any place was going to house mutants, she supposed that New York was the place to be. Of course, his remark about 'what mutants she would like to associate with' made her smirk; she had no love for mutants and did not wish to associate with any of them beyond their ability to provide her with sustenance. The goal of her present enterprise was to align herself with mutants who would help her to establish a power base wherein she could exercise her dark arts discretely, and hunt without attracting too much attention.

Selene clasped her hands together and observed the chattering humans around them, who had no idea at all what trouble sat among them. She could kill and devour them all now if she wanted to, and it was hard for her to imagine that there was any force on this plane or the next that could stop her. Then again, with the revelation of a growing mutant populace, Selene could not help but ponder if there were others who sustained herself like she did... She wondered, deep within the recesses of her subconscious mind, if there were others as powerful as she, and if they would raise their hands against her. She hoped that they would, for it would make their consumption that much sweeter.

"I want access to mutants. Do these people you speak of have access to a considerable population of mutants or not?" Selene asked, clearly disinterested in the charm that the thief was clearly so used to employing on what Selene assumed were his thralls. "I will allow them to be my allies of their purpose suits me. Other details are none of your concern. I merely require answers. Will these people be able to give me what I want? If so, what must I do to gain entry? What does one exchange for membership to the club's secret heart?"
^
Remy LeBeau
 Posted: Dec 26 2014, 05:28 PM
Remy LeBeau
is Offline
22 posts
Marauders
Marauder

Remy was coming to the conclusion that this woman was going to be all business and that was really a disappointment. Far too many people were of that mindset; no matter the world seemed to have something collectively crammed up it's ass if people didn't savour any of their dealings. Still, though, there was money at his foot and Remy LeBeau didn't teach himself to be no fool. He was versatile in how he could deal with people and if that's what she wanted that was what she was going to get. "New York it is then; the better choice I have to admit. I might keep contact with certain members of the other group but it would be a good deal harder to be in and at this stage they would be far too suspicious of newcomers for anything to pay off all that much."

"Both groups are still small but the one in New York is actively recruiting so you would have an easier time making your home there and there would be a fairly steady stream of mutants coming in after you as well." Considering his employers need to have access to mutants Remy knew very well he should be more suspicious about the motives of the woman across from him but, again, there was money at his feet and whatever her needs were it wasn't going to be him this time. There was only going to be the one time he was stung by something like this; Remy learned after such experiences.

"So yeah, they're what you need." Remy was fairly sure he had delivered on that front in any case. "The quickest way to gain entry I imagine would be if you were going to try and be staff at the school they've started. It's lead by a telepath, he has his ways of finding you once you're in range so they'll do half the work for you. From there there's at least two involved in the school that are also involved in the Club and my understanding has it that there are many more mutants not involved with the school working their way up the ranks of the Club as well."
PM
^
Selene Gallio
 Posted: Jan 7 2015, 03:53 PM
is N/A
N/A posts

"A school," Selene mused. A school would not do, particularly if it were run by an individual with psychic gifts. While such a place would provide Selene with the herd that she required, placing herself directly within their midst seemed an unsafe choice. The idea of being a wolf in sheep's clothing - such as the phrase was - did not appeal to her, for sheep always recognized wolves and if the leader of the school that her associate spoke of was a telepath, he was probably smart enough to tell the difference between allies and enemies. Still, placing herself within a certain range of that school would allow her to hunt while remaining obfuscated by shadow.

So far, the information that this man had offered was not particularly illuminating or helpful to Selene's cause; her agents could likely have discovered this information on their own, albeit less expediently. The knowledge that he had about the Hellfire Club was of greater interest to her; she'd heard of their dealings in her time and if it was true that some of its members had a hand in the goings-on at the school that Mr. LeBeau spoke of, then there was some possibility that they could provide her with the connection that she needed to monitor the herd from afar and organize her next venture. With appropriately applied pressure, she imagined that she could force the members of the club who were affiliated with the school to submit their students to her as tributes regularly, which would bring great expedience to her broader quest for increased power.

"I don't wish to be surrounded by children. I wish to observe mutants from a safe distance, not to live among them in a commune. Tell me: what does the New York Branch of the Hellfire Club require in exchange for my admittance?" The thought that she should seek someone's permission for membership to any society was insulting, but today's people were different from the men of the past. She would play by their rules for the moment, until she had the strength she needed to crush them and rewrite the world in her own image.
^
Remy LeBeau
 Posted: Jan 8 2015, 12:20 AM
Remy LeBeau
is Offline
22 posts
Marauders
Marauder

Remy found himself chuckling somewhat. Normally he certainly wouldn't imagine himself being around a place like that either but, then again, he was the type of man to consider a collection of college ladies at least something to hold one's interest for a while. Still, that certainly wasn't all there was in the world and there was only so much one could do in such a place. He was sure he would grow quite weary of the crowd and the restrictions of the kind of life he would no doubt at least be seeming to live there. Then again, Remy LeBeau grew bored in almost all settings after a while.

"Honestly, it's all about knowing the right people and if you have enough cash to drop by my foot for this level of information then I'd think you've also got the kind of networking abilities to easily get in the door to the Club." Remy assumed anyway that this was a person that probably knew a lot more people on up than he did but he wasn't going to be letting on on that front. After all, he liked money and if she found that out on her own more power to her but he wasn't about to help her not have a reason to give him more money at another opportunity.

"Basically if you have any sphere of influence that's going to interest the higher ups you're going to be golden and right now mutants is a pretty big selling point. Just because the government might not be swinging pro-mutant right now doesn't mean that a few moneyed individuals don't see the opportunity that it's all bringing. Who knows, in years to come they might just have enough to set up their own coup. If you can offer the people who might be interested in something like that talents or a means they don't have or have overlooked you'd have an easy in there."
PM
^
Selene Gallio
 Posted: Feb 9 2015, 09:07 PM
is N/A
N/A posts

Selene's brow raised at the informant's chuckle, and she wondered what it was that he found so humorous about her objection to living openly among her prey. There was no strategic benefit in doing so that she could name at this moment, and in fact she imagined that - despite her power, which grew with each life she took - mutants might be the one force on this earth capable of giving her pause. The look passed from her face quickly nonetheless, as she was reminded rather quickly that she did not care about this man's amusements; her instincts told her that he was marked, and that she specter of death loomed over his head. No man could slip through the fingers of this life and its consequences forever; only Selene seemed to have that luxury, and perhaps eternal life was a consequence in and of itself.

"If it is mutants that they want, then it seems that we have a mutual interest. This suits me," Selene mused, lacing her fingers together and shutting her eyes momentarily. "Before you came here, I thought that I might kill you and take whatever information directly from your bones. You have proven to me that you are more useful as a living creature for the moment. Also, I've noticed something about you: I cannot peer into your mind with the same strolling ease as the rest of these people. You have secrets from me, and it seems that an attempt on my part to make you forget this encounter would be inconvenient, although probably not impossible. So, with my thanks, I will also issue a warning."

Selene stood from her place at the table, her slender silhouette seemingly cloaked in the shadow of her might.

"You are a cunning man but one who keeps the company of devils. You wouldn't be here if that weren't the case. I can see you are a mutant whose life force would benefit me greatly if I decided to take it. As thanks, I will let you keep your life in exchange for a promise: tell no one of our encounter today. Take your money and return to the shadows from whence you emerged. Do not attempt to contact me again, and do not let anyone you know make that mistake, either," Selene spoke with measured firmness. "So long as you do not interfere with the plans I mean to carry out from this point, you may live in the world that I have planned. Do not fail to take the meaning of my words; you will not live to tell the tale if you do. I trust I'm understood."

With that, Selene pressed her chair into its proper place and, with a briefly powerful gust, she was gone.

--

[OOC: Figured I'd end Selene's presence in this scene so that we aren't drawing this out needlessly.]
^
Remy LeBeau
 Posted: Feb 14 2015, 12:07 AM
Remy LeBeau
is Offline
22 posts
Marauders
Marauder

(OOC: That's awesome, gives it all a much frightful and abrupt vibe this way)

For the first time since his deal with Essex Remy LeBeau felt that something had been pulled out from under him by the woman who had been sitting across from him. He was quick to dismiss most everything with a smirk and a chuckle and they were still haunting his face at the moment but his insides had gone much more hollow at the shift in the now finished meeting. It was one thing to play with fire. As a matter of fact Remy would have to say he was born to play with it and he couldn't imagine the dullness of life if he lived any other way. It was another thing entirely to hear how a situation couldn't have ended if he hadn't played his cards exactly right and how he intended to put them down.

It was a relief that he had managed to do just that because if there was one thing he knew he wasn't ready to do it was die.

Either way, it was a day well spent even if it had been on a knife's edge. He let out a breath he had been pretending hadn't been caught in his throat at her exit and reached over, grabbing one of the drinks to hopefully rinse out the moment and the bad taste that the entire meeting had left in his mouth. If there was one thing that she had said that was the truth it was that Remy kept the company of devils and sometimes, sometimes, it took one devil to give you a way out from another. Maybe this whole thing was going to put him one step closer to getting rid of the one that currently held reins pulling him about.

"Well, cheers." He raised his glass to the now empty chair, downing the rest of the drink in one go before putting the glass down with more force than he had intended and reached for the suitcase at his feet. Whether or not it was better to deal with the devil you knew or get another it didn't matter at the moment. He had what he had come for and he had done so while remaining unscathed for now. Now was the time to be alive until he flew out for more of the devil's work.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

[b]Toggle Cbox[/b]
skinned by merc @ caution & cfs by black Mini Profile by Darren Criss of Shine
Affiliates
HelloImmortality X-Men/Avengers RoleplayX-Generation:X-Men Roleplay Crusader Citadel
The ArrowBMFemPOWEREDJust Wanna Have Fun Song of the MockingjaySearch & Destroy Songs Remain The SameMWFTFAILURE ROLEPLAYMidas Touch