< Transmutations -> Finding the Words
Slice 1 - Image 1 Slice 1 - Image 2 Slice 1 - Image 3 Slice 1 - Image 4
Slice 2 - Image 1 Slice 2 - Image 2 Slice 2 - Image 3 Slice 2 - Image 4
Slice 3 - Image 1 Slice 3 - Image 2 Slice 3 - Image 3 Slice 3 - Image 4
Slice 4 - Image 1 Slice 4 - Image 2 Slice 4 - Image 3 Slice 4 - Image 4

TRANSMUTATIONS APRIL 2015. X-MEN RPG. APOCALYPSE.

SITE NEWS 11/08 - ACTIVITY CHECK IS CLOSED, THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE WILL BE COMING TO AN END

STAFF TEARS, PANIC & FERGIE

PLOT MOVEMENT APOCALYPSE PREPARES FOR PHASE THREE

Add Reply
New Poll

Finding the Words, Tag: Open!
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Sep 6 2015, 05:28 PM
Kitty Pryde
is Offline
120 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Finding the Words

Tagged: Open

A Call for Something
Kitty Pryde turned her cell phone over and over in her hand, her feet sunk in the water as she let them dangle over the pier. She had played the conversation she could have in her head over and over again. There hadn't been all that much to do while she was in the bell, after all, but she had never settled on a way to do it then and she certainly hadn't settled on a way to do it now that she was out either. Absently her feet started to churn the water as well, making circles grow out from the pier as she considered what it was she could say to even explain to her parents what had happened and how she was.

She knew that the school had at least said something but eventually Kitty was going to have to face the topic as well. Maybe it would be best to do it face to face but if she couldn't even think of what to say without having the pressure of their expectant eyes on her how was she going to talk to them with them present without making them too afraid and pulling her from the school?

The frustration of it all was almost enough to start bringing tears to her eyes but Kitty had gotten them out ages before and hadn't quite gathered up enough to start something like that again. She muttered to herself, trying to work up her motivation forcing herself to simply dial but no matter how much she tried to uplift herself or tear herself down Kitty simply didn't know what to say if she were to hear the click of the call being taken and a hello on the other line. Maybe she should just drop the phone in the lake and be done with it?

TH

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Rachel Grey
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 06:40 PM
Phoenix
is Offline
41 posts
X-Men
X-men

Rachel Grey
tagged: Open
words: More than I thought there would be.
notes: Last call for beer?
credit: tanalicious
The outdoors didn’t particularly agree with Rachel.

Well, rather, Rachel didn’t agree with the outdoors.

When she’d been back in the Bronx, she hadn’t had any complaints. She knew her neighborhood, the blocks from White Plains to the Bronx River, which ones were cool and which to avoid. She grew up pretty close to the park, though it’d been more like a junkyard than an actual park until recent years. She felt comfortable navigating the streets of the city. However, put her in an even remotely wooded area? Forget about it.

Rachel was certain most people would find the walk to the lake nice, maybe even relaxing, but she was vaguely reminded of Camp Crystal Lake. There could be a Jason — literally — out there, along the edge of the tree-line, with a hockey mask and machete, be it real or simply illusions. Though, she supposed the reality was much more ominous. There could be someone plotting to drag her back to Apocalypse, too. She barely managed to suppress a shudder, instead pushing herself to focus on the task at find — locating Kitty.

If the brain waves were anything to go by, her roommate was that shape perched on the pier. If not… Well, she was doing the whole mind reading thing wrong.

As she came to the beginning of the wooden planks, Rachel took the last hit off her cigarette, snubbed out the butt, and considered it as she exhaled in a heavy sigh. She supposed she shouldn’t litter, because nature and shit, and leaned down to pick it up for disposal later. Closing the distance between them, she considered the wooden boards under her feet next. They couldn’t be dirtier than streets in the city. Plopping down, cross-legged, she commented as she pushed the hood of her sweatshirt down, “Looked everywhere… Realized it would’ve been easier to use my head sooner…”

“What’s up?” Rachel questioned after casting her a sidelong glance, eyes landing on the phone she was clutching.

Cover up the scars.
Put on your game face.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Kitty Pryde
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 07:55 PM
Kitty Pryde
is Offline
120 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Finding the Words

Tagged: Open

A Call for Something
Kitty looked up from her quiet contemplation, slightly alarmed that she had been snuck upon until she saw who it was. Rachel was always a welcome sight; especially nowadays with how they both still were. They were patched up and healing, yes, but she knew that there had to be just as many not-so-literal open wounds in Rachel as there were in her. It was a horrible thing to think but it was comforting having someone else in the same boat even if she wished Rachel and Cecilia both were both much more okay than she felt sometimes.

It would happen, it was just a long walk to okay and she wasn't going to get there at all if she couldn't find the words in her to make the call she was trying to get through. It was daunting, she had no idea what was going to happen or what was going to be said and Kitty had to admit, she was scared. She never thought she would truly be scared to do something as simple as calling home.

"You're getting pretty good at using that head of yours. I'm sorry, I didn't think about anyone looking for me but I guess I've been out here for a while now, haven't I?" How long had she even been sitting here? Too long to justify not having done what she had come here to do, surely. It shouldn't be this hard but it was and Kitty couldn't quite look up to Rachel as she cleared her throat, holding her phone up weakly.

"I'm trying to call my parents. I know they know something about what's been happening and all but...I don't know what to say to them." That and she was worried about what would happen. Surely they wouldn't make her come home; not when it meant her future. Where else would she go? Just because she hadn't looked like herself as Pestilence didn't mean people wouldn't look and wonder if maybe she was that girl. Just because she wasn't that anymore didn't mean she wouldn't scare the living shit out of some poor human roommate when she had a nightmare about being Pestilence. They had to listen to some reason but that didn't make Kitty feel all that confident, just more afraid.

TH

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

[b]Toggle Cbox[/b]
skinned by merc @ caution & cfs by black Mini Profile by Darren Criss of Shine
Affiliates
HelloImmortality X-Men/Avengers RoleplayX-Generation:X-Men Roleplay Crusader Citadel
The ArrowBMFemPOWEREDJust Wanna Have Fun Song of the MockingjaySearch & Destroy Songs Remain The SameMWFTFAILURE ROLEPLAYMidas Touch