< Transmutations -> Walking After Midnight
Slice 1 - Image 1 Slice 1 - Image 2 Slice 1 - Image 3 Slice 1 - Image 4
Slice 2 - Image 1 Slice 2 - Image 2 Slice 2 - Image 3 Slice 2 - Image 4
Slice 3 - Image 1 Slice 3 - Image 2 Slice 3 - Image 3 Slice 3 - Image 4
Slice 4 - Image 1 Slice 4 - Image 2 Slice 4 - Image 3 Slice 4 - Image 4

TRANSMUTATIONS APRIL 2015. X-MEN RPG. APOCALYPSE.

SITE NEWS 11/08 - ACTIVITY CHECK IS CLOSED, THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE WILL BE COMING TO AN END

STAFF TEARS, PANIC & FERGIE

PLOT MOVEMENT APOCALYPSE PREPARES FOR PHASE THREE

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Walking After Midnight, Tag: Cecilia/Panic
Fabian Cortez
 Posted: Mar 24 2015, 10:14 PM
Fabian Cortez
is Offline
178 posts
Acolytes
Acolytes

Walking After Midnight

Tagged: Cecilia

Post-Fabian and Jean's thread
In his mind Fabian was thousands of miles away; away from the people in this school, away from the influences of anyone or anything beyond his own whims, beyond the guilt and the paranoia to a peace that he had forgotten yet been yearning for this entire year. It was absolute bliss being numbed to his surroundings. His mind could now enjoy the sensation of simply being how he should; something that had been denied to him in his waking hours for a ridiculous amount of time.

Nothing jarred him from the haze he walked in now. There wasn't enough of him awake to pay any attention to where it was he was going and it was only by that narrow margin that he was awake that didn't let him crash down the stairs or simply walk into things with enough force to stir himself from his path. Nights like this didn't happen often. As a matter of fact he had been fairly certain that this little nocturnal oddity was something that he had outgrown. Things were different now and this was surely a stressful enough situation that who knows what else might be off with him. Stress dictated his sleep every night; he had spent the entirety of his time at Xavier's that he had went to bed tossing and turning and tonight had grown beyond the fitful and out into the corridors, down the stairs, and deeper into the school.

It was probably a very good thing that most of the doors on the lower levels were usually sealed up or that he hadn't simply taken a turn out of the school doors. Some weren't as well locked than others, however. It couldn't be said for certain how it was the wine cellar managed to be one of those doors but Fabian had managed to work his way in but no further. He simply stood as his mind basked in pleasant recollections of home instead of what was actually in front of him. As he breathed in it was ocean and garden scents instead of dust and the musk of the cellar.

TH
PMEmail
^
Cecilia Reyes
 Posted: Mar 25 2015, 01:21 PM
Cecilia Reyes
is Offline
N/A
320 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Cecilia had been given the green light to leave the medlab earlier in the day now that the worst part of her medication switch from seroquel to clozopine was over, most of the hallucinations had been blunted, assloads of therapy sessions were scheduled and she had sufficiently proved that she wasn't going to make another suicide attempt the second she left the medlab. She didn't emerge from the lab until late at night though when she was sure everyone was going to be asleep. Just the thought of facing all the other students that hadn't been brave enough to venture into the medlab to see her was more than she could really stomach.

She trudged up the stairs (forgoing the elevator) as slow as possible, in no particular rush to get back to her dorm room and face her roommate: if the other girl hadn't completely run for the hills by now, that is.

However, while she was feeling better in terms of mental state on the physical side of things her body still had a ways to go and she had to stop at the bottom of the stairs that led to the ground floor.

"Fuck…" she wheezed, throwing the duffel bag with the things she'd be allowed to keep during her stay in the medlab and sitting down hard on the steps to catch her breath. Which she promptly lost again when she heard a shuffling in the wine cellar and startled when she saw the outline of a guy standing among the dusty wine bottles. "Jesus, you scared the shit outta me!"

He didn't answer though and when he didn't she felt an irrational spike of anger. What the hell, was he deliberately ignoring her? "Hey, I'm taking to you, buddy!" Cecilia exclaimed, hauling herself up and creeping towards the door to the cellar. "What's your problem…?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fabian Cortez
 Posted: Apr 2 2015, 04:30 PM
Fabian Cortez
is Offline
178 posts
Acolytes
Acolytes

Walking After Midnight

Thousands of miles away, none of the past year even touched what he was deep in right now; En Sabeh Nur just the name of the businessman that was always a part of the Cortez social circle anytime was in the area. He could bask in how the world should be here far too long if he let himself but surely that was what these late hours were for.

And if the outside world would find it in it's heart to allow that peace for him. That was asking a sizable request, perhaps too much it would seem. At the edge of his consciousness, a high place he couldn't quite reach in his current state, was where he heard her; that familiar voice he shouldn't know at all. He surely shouldn't know it here where everything was safe from how he had even learned of that voice. It made his mind want to reject the distant sounds of it altogether but doing so was difficult at best. there was a weight to it in his mind that Fabian's subconscious couldn't simply shove out and bury for now.

She sounded annoyed and, if anyone should be annoyed with him it should be here. There were so many ways in which he had failed her but she was surely far more concerned with things other than him. The least he could do was acknowledge the voice and the acknowledgement he attempted to make came out as a grunt. It was a very confused grunt as Fabian tried and tried to make that voice fit in amongst the peace he had managed to surround himself in now. It was a piece to a completely different puzzle. What was his problem?

TH
PMEmail
^
Cecilia Reyes
 Posted: Apr 2 2015, 04:50 PM
Cecilia Reyes
is Offline
N/A
320 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Cecilia took a few seconds longer than she should've to notice that he wasn't even awake and when she did it sorta fascinated her in a very detached sort of way. She'd never seen a sleepwalker before although she'd heard of them…and she'd also head that it was a bad idea to wake them up.

She turned to leave but stopped after a few steps, sighing. No, it would be irresponsible to just leave him wandering around in the cellar. He could knock a shelf down on himself or break a priceless bottle of whatever. Better to wake him up and take him back where he came from.

How to wake him up though? No fucking way was she going to go up to him and potentially get backhanded when he flailed awake or using her powers which were still on the fritz somewhat. She pondered her options for a few moments before an idea struck her and she turned to leave, only to return seconds later from the laundry room with a studded dryer ball that was used to keep static down, tossing it at his pyjama clad ass. "Wakey, wakey!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fabian Cortez
 Posted: Apr 3 2015, 11:50 PM
Fabian Cortez
is Offline
178 posts
Acolytes
Acolytes

Walking After Midnight

While Cecilia certainly did pick an innovative and prudent way of bringing Fabian back to the here and now it did end up in something of a flail. Something very unexpected had just prodded his ass and that was enough to bring anyone out of a deep slumber and deeper thoughts. The first thing that came to his mind was the obvious; he was absolutely not where he had expected to be standing in the wine cellar after letting a yelp out and grabbing his own ass.

Stooping down to scoop up the mysterious object that had brought him out of his fugue state, Fabian turned and entered a fresh one. Cecilia Reyes, oh why did it have to be her behind him? He knew he froze and he knew he must have a very strange expression on his face but he couldn't help it. Hopefully it would be written off as just being woken up; a sort of deer in the headlights before it could even hope to comprehend what that light was. Hopefully he wasn't run over any time soon.

She didn't look angry though, she didn't look panicked. A thought flitted through his mind and he wasn't sure whether or not it was good or bad. She didn't seem to remember him. This was his second chance at introducing himself to her completely. He might have many a worry still stewing in his mind and eventually the truth might come out and ruin this but that didn't mean that Fabian Cortez wasn't, for this moment, going to rise to the occasion.

He grinned wide, pulling himself together and tossing the strange contraption that had been used to wake himself up in his hand. "Why hello there, was it you that just tried to see what they could bounce off my backside? I have to say, this is the first time I've ever been accosted with....what is this thing actually?" He turned it in front of his face, obviously puzzled by it and showing the fact that he didn't exactly grow up doing his own laundry off for the world, or at least Cecilia, to judge.

TH
PMEmail
^
Cecilia Reyes
 Posted: Apr 5 2015, 09:22 PM
Cecilia Reyes
is Offline
N/A
320 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Cecilia felt…like she'd met this guy before although she wasn't sure where she would've. Something about his expressions and voice seemed very familiar but after a moment of studying him she chalked it up to deja vu or some kinda past life thing. Besides, that yelp along with the ass grab and absolutely shocked look he'd given her was more than enough to make any suspicion slip away. She even laughed a little at him. Granted it was very raspy and quiet so that it sounded more like a choked wheeze than a proper laugh but it was still a laugh by intent so she considered that a small victory. It'd been a long time since she'd done that even half-heartedly.

"Don't flatter yourself," she said, rolling her eyes and clearing her throat a little so her voice wasn't so gravelly. "I just wanted to wake you up without getting backhanded in the process and that was the only thing I could find on such short notice." Oh god, yet another person who didn't know basic life skills. Cecilia was starting to wonder if she should start a class for doing laundry and cooking or something once she was feeling better. "It's a dryer ball. You put it in the dryer with your clothes and it stops them from collecting static."

His face…it was still bothering her with it's familiarity and now she was beginning to worry that he might be someone famous that she was just not recognizing 'cause she was a complete moron. "You must've come while I was…sick. I don't remember seeing you around before."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fabian Cortez
 Posted: Apr 19 2015, 02:34 AM
Fabian Cortez
is Offline
178 posts
Acolytes
Acolytes

Walking After Midnight

In all of the ways he had expected ever meeting Cecilia Reyes again he never had imagined making her laugh in any way; even a rueful way as she had her vengeance. Even if it might not sound the best at the moment it was...jarringly welcome to Fabian's sleep addled yet very alert (for the moment) mind. Even though he had expected the complete opposite Fabian felt that he wanted to manage that reaction again. It was better than wallowing in the misery of everything else.

"Hey now, if I don't flatter myself who else is going to? You have to be your best promoter, after all, don't you?" Fabian chuckled, turning the ball over in his hand as he wondered when it had become a thing. "And here I thought you were going to give me a remeberall and welcome me to mutant Hogwarts. I find myself slightly disappointed but, then again, having the remeberall would make me Neville...even if he was pretty awesome at the end I don't want to be remberall-era Neville Longbottom."

He tossed the ball from side to side, giving Cecilia a grin now as he forced himself to be natural. Things obviously hadn't gone well but at least the person he had been ordered to kill was still alive and well. "I'm a recent arrival, yes, I'm Fabian. And yourself?" This was going to keep happening. Eventually Kitty and Rachel would be out of the med lab and they would join Cecilia in roaming about. There was no way all three of them had managed to lose him from their memories. There was no way he had much time left.

TH
PMEmail
^
Cecilia Reyes
 Posted: Apr 25 2015, 04:00 PM
Cecilia Reyes
is Offline
N/A
320 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Cecilia blinked as he rambled on about rememberalls and names she didn't recognize, feeling a little stupid when she didn't get the reference until he mentioned the name of the magical castle. "Oh…I'm not too into Harry Potter," she said lamely, reaching around and rubbing the back of her neck a bit awkwardly. "I saw the movies back when I was a kid but I can't say that reading 'bout magical boarding schools really did it for me. Neville's the chubby kid with the weird grandma, right?"

Although in a sense she sorta was attending a magical boarding school…except she was in college and mutant powers weren't magic unless you meant it in terms of defying biological, chemical and physics…yeah, it was better not to think too hard about this.

"Cecilia," she replied, the nagging feeling that she'd met this guy somewhere before still floating around in the back of her mind but subsiding a little when she heard his name and put that together with his accent.

<"It's unusual I meet another Spanish speaker. Especially one that's so pale. Where are you from?">

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fabian Cortez
 Posted: May 2 2015, 02:31 PM
Fabian Cortez
is Offline
178 posts
Acolytes
Acolytes

Walking After Midnight

Fabian jokingly clutched at his heart at her denial of Harry Potter. "be still my heart, there is still time for you." He shook his head ad more things within himself than he dared ferret out, laughing at things that surely went beyond this conversation. It was absurd the situation he was in. How as there any moving on from this or any of this laughing he was doing now? No moving on up, no side-stepping, only down and down cost so, so very much.

"Very good to meet you, Cecilia, even if a bit surprised at first there," he put his grin on. Somehow the expression just hurt to pull off...if he was even pulling it off. He was stretched too thinly and now he was physically feeling that as well as his lips stretched back over his teeth. He could only hope it at least appeared more natural than he felt or else he was surely going to startle her.

It did feel nice to switch languages and he followed suit along with her. <"I'm from Barcelona. I suppose people here don't really think about too many red-haired people in that particular area. I assure you, though, we do in fact exist and are more plentiful than people would guess at first."> Whether it was the language close to home or just settling into another absurdity the laugh and smile came easier but still hurt. It was a different hurt and tightness as he spoke of home. Barcelona was something he longed for; home would be the greatest comfort Fabian could ever imagine yet the chances of ever seeing it again grew dimmer and dimmer. What would it be even if he managed to get there when it would more than likely cost him his sister to do so? Not worth getting there.

<"And how about you? Local or otherwise?>" It was an answer he knew all ready but that just meant he wouldn't have to slow the erratic thoughts in his mind to keep focus nearly as much otherwise. It was a moment to hopefully calm himself although he knew that was a desperate hope to say the least; it was grabbing at the thinnest, most brittle straw.

TH
PMEmail
^
Cecilia Reyes
 Posted: May 6 2015, 03:03 PM
Cecilia Reyes
is Offline
N/A
320 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Cecilia rolled her eyes a little at all this heart clutching. Okay, so he was a little overdramatic she could tell but so far he seemed harmless and completely unaware of her issues so that was nice. <"I thought so, there's not too many Americans that can pull off a flawless accent like that even if they're fluent. Spain then, huh?"> She sighed a little wistfully. <"I've always wanted to go there but I haven't had much opportunity to travel.">

Well, at least he didn't seem too surprised to find a black person who spoke Spanish as well as he did. Occasionally even other Puerto Ricans and Dominicans didn't think that she might be Afro-Caribbean or have some mixed racial background. <"Yes and no, I was born in San Juan but I grew up mostly in the Bronx so that sort of puts me in awkward position when it comes to national identity.">

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fabian Cortez
 Posted: May 23 2015, 11:31 PM
Fabian Cortez
is Offline
178 posts
Acolytes
Acolytes

Walking After Midnight

There was some part of him that was disappointed she didn't seem to want to join in with any theatrics but he doubted she was really up for such things considering. <"Well, I like to think that my accent is flawless no matter what it is I'm speaking just because I'm a delight to hear but I suppose some people might be biased. My German teacher was especially fed up with me taking that stance, anyway, but doing it any other way involves too much phlegm than one should be comfortable with.">

He would dearly love to be travelling right now but he was anchored here...for as long as he could keep it up, anyway. "Well, you never know, maybe that can be arranged sometime. I need someone to show me around this place and I should have to pay that someone back by showing them around somewhere else, wouldn't you say that's fair? If only our resident teleporter could go that far." Then he would surely escape and wait all of this out.

While Spain might be a European country made up of people that it seemed Americans were shocked to find were actually white that was only predominantly white. Fabian would show no surprise because, to his mind at least, it certainly wasn't something he should be surprised about. "San Juan, that would be quite the place to see as well. The forts there are really quite interesting to me. Do you remember much of the place?"

TH
PMEmail
^
Cecilia Reyes
 Posted: Jun 3 2015, 10:59 PM
Cecilia Reyes
is Offline
N/A
320 posts
X-Men
X-Men

<"Not as much as I'd like but I remember some things,"> Cecilia offered, leaning against the doorway and crossing her arms. Oh great, this guy thought very highly of himself. Well, this was going to be a peach to deal with after she was well enough to interact with the other students again. <"I was only three years old when I left.">

She raised a skeptical eyebrow at him and switched back to English as he did. "You've been around how long now and nobody's given you a tour?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fabian Cortez
 Posted: Jun 5 2015, 11:09 PM
Fabian Cortez
is Offline
178 posts
Acolytes
Acolytes

Walking After Midnight

If you were to ask him Fabian wouldn't exactly say he was full of himself. He would just say that he was a realist and wasn't about to shy away from anything that he might see as a strength, good point, or something someone might at least appreciate about himself. It was a way to live that he wished more people would look into. It was rather tiresome when other people couldn't see their own value, depressing really. "I suppose someone wouldn't remember much at all at that age but I suppose that means when you go back you will have a good deal to rediscover. It's something of an adventure I would imagine." If anyone deserved an actually positive adventure Fabian would imagine it was Cecilia Reyes. So many people deserved such things with what they had gone through.

"I've seen places here and there but I can certainly say that currently I am standing in a room that was woefully neglected on the tours. I must say, Xavier has some good taste in wines. I more meant beyond the school, however. The greater world awaits and I'm pretty sure there are better places to spend one's freetime than Harry's Hideaway charming though it may be." Fabian chuckled, giving a bit of a shrug. "I tend to not be much of a homebody I'm afraid so I'm getting a bit of cabin fever these days."

It was probably pushing her too far. Cecilia was just recovering now and he really shouldn't be suggesting too many things that involved him and her just...just in case. Still, he found himself compelled to go against better judgement. When had he ever listened to his better judgment these days?

TH
PMEmail
^
Cecilia Reyes
 Posted: Jun 6 2015, 01:43 PM
Cecilia Reyes
is Offline
N/A
320 posts
X-Men
X-Men

Cecilia didn't seem all that interested in having an adventure for the moment though. Much less leaving the mansion for any reason. "I'm not allowed to leave the school right now," she informed him, glad for the excuse of still technically being on suicide watch. "So I think you probably asked the wrong girl for a tour."

It was still bothering her so she had to ask even though it was almost certain they'd never laid eyes on each other before. "Uh…this is probably a really weird question but have we met before? I just have this weird feeling that I already know you."

Jesus, that sounded really creepy. Now this poor guy probably thought she was some kind of stalker or that she was going to go all 'Enduring Love' on him. "Sorry," she said, twisting the cuffs on her sleeves nervously and frowning. "It's probably just deja vu or some shit..it's just I don't really have this happen to me all that often, is all."

Actually, it was probably just some remnants of her paranoia but she couldn't tell him that. It was strange enough that she'd said that already.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fabian Cortez
 Posted: Jun 28 2015, 11:11 PM
Fabian Cortez
is Offline
178 posts
Acolytes
Acolytes

Walking After Midnight

"Eventually, then." Fabian said, shrugging the set-back off for the time being. It was a strange thing, he knew he certainly shouldn't be disappointed by the idea but, nevertheless,t here it was. More disappointing was the fact that he was fairly sure she wasn't all that disappointed at being shut in. He had succeeded in killing something in her and she didn't even know it.

Which just made her asking cut the deepest. "I would certainly remember you." Fabian said, rather quite honestly. He wasn't likely to ever forget her. If anything was ever burned into his brain being sent to take her out and kill her was a day that would live on well after the others had faded. "No need to apologize, though." Fabian assured her, offering her what he hoped was a kind enough looking smile. "Who knows? Maybe I just have one of those kinds of faces. Now I'm wanting to ask what you think you all ready know about me though. If you're right maybe we should ask the Professors if it's possible you've managed to get a second mutation." If there was anything strange about their conversation Fabian was blaming it all on himself despite how much he was struggling to cover up any and all problems on his end. "If you can't come up with anything I assure you you will have any chance you like to get to know me." He tried to say it as brightly as he could manage, sure that it sounded terribly arrogant but it was quite close to how he would have handled this without the weight of history on his shoulders.

TH
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

[b]Toggle Cbox[/b]
skinned by merc @ caution & cfs by black Mini Profile by Darren Criss of Shine
Affiliates
HelloImmortality X-Men/Avengers RoleplayX-Generation:X-Men Roleplay Crusader Citadel
The ArrowBMFemPOWEREDJust Wanna Have Fun Song of the MockingjaySearch & Destroy Songs Remain The SameMWFTFAILURE ROLEPLAYMidas Touch